Op 24 jan. 2013 om 22:37 heeft "Dhaval S. Vyas" <dsvyas(a)gmail.com> het
It is indeed a fantastic move. I tried to test, but seems the visual editor is not
compatible with IE10. Tried it on Firefox 18.0.1 where it seems to be working well. Do you
want me to file a bug for IE10 or you'll take it from here?
Thanks for walking in front of the parade, Dhaval! Please do file a bug in
for the product Visual Editor. Please be as specific as you can
describing your found issue. If you keep this in mind, you usually make your bug reports
1. Provide a brief summary and a one paragraph description of the problem you identified.
2. Describe the tools you used encounter the problem. These are most probably: your
operating system, browser name, exact browser version, a wiki name, and if you can, the
version mentioned on [[special:version]]. Add more information if you think it may be
relevant. Tia could be if you were logged in, as which user, what your user interface
language was set to, etc.
3. Describe numbered steps to reproduce the problem. Use as many steps as you need.
Describe the quickest way to reproduce the problem. Be very specific. Add screenshots if
it cannot be avoided or clarifies things.
4. Describe your observation that differs from your expectation. Use a screenshot if you
think it clarifies the problem description. Mind you: this should be an observation that
can be made after following the steps from 3.
5. Describe your expectation. This allows the person dealing with your report to assess if
your expectation was in line with their specification or expected outcome. If you cannot
describe this, note that, and please be prepared to further interact on the issue, the one
dealing with it, will most probably propose an expected outcome and ask,your feedback on
6. Add additional information if it is relevant. You may for example have also tested on
another operating system, or using one or more other browsers. Note at least if the
outcome of the steps from 3 differed for what was described in 4, or was the same.
All this information will make it a lot easier for a developer to zoom into your problem,
and fix it. It looks like a lot to report, but I guarantee you the once you start
reporting issues like this, you will be getting then responded to much quicker and the
resolve rate will also increase, simply because the information you provide is much more
Again, thanks for being pro-active and spread the word.