- the Beta feature available for Recent Changes will be extended to Watchlist on September 5.
- Later in September, some Beta features for Recent Changes will become default features (with an option to opt-out) - more news about it soon.
Hello dear Ambassadors!
As you may already know, the Global Collaboration team has created a Beta feature. This feature is on your wiki since few months: "New filters for edit review". You can activate it in your Beta preferences.
What is this feature again?
This feature improves Special:RecentChanges and Special:RecentChangesLinked. It adds new features that ease vandalism tracking and support of newcomers:
- Filtering - filter recent changes with easy-to-use and powerful filters combinations, including filtering by namespace or tagged edits.
- Highlighting - add a colored background to the different changes you are monitoring. It helps quick identification of changes that matter to you.
- Bookmarking to keep your favorite configurations of filters ready to be used.
- Quality and Intent Filters - those filters use ORES predictions. They identify real vandalism or good faith intent contributions that need help.
You can know more about this project by visiting the quick tour help page.
On September 5, the Beta feature will have a new option. Watchlists will have all new features available on Recent Changes Beta now.
- If you have already activated the Beta feature "New filters for edit review", you have no action to take.
- If you haven't activated the Beta feature "New filters for edit review" and you want to try the filters on Watchlists, please go to your Beta preferences on September 6. It will not be possible to try the filters only on Recent Changes or only on Watchlist.
Please also note that later in September, some changes will happen on Recent Changes. We will release some features at the moment available in Beta as default features. This will impact all users, but we will provide an option to opt-out. I'll recontact you with a more precise schedule and all the details very soon.
What can I do?You can ping me if you have questions. :)
You can report bugs or suggest improvements anytime, directly to me or on Phabricator (
#Edit-Review-Improvements-Integrated-Filters). Future improvements are listed on the project board on Phabricator
I've posted this announcement on main wikis and to two User Groups. If your wiki is not on this list (I'm sorry about that), you can help spreading the word, or translate the announces.
And keep posted for the next release!
Thank you in advance for your help!
All the best,
Benoît Evellin (Trizek)