With the Wikimedia ZA Annual General Meeting
five days away now I want to send this quick reminder of the up coming
Wikimedia ZA AGM on Saturday the 12th November 2016 in Cape Town.
The AGM is open to anyone with an interest in Wikipedia or related projects
such as Wiki Commons, Open Street Map, Wiki Voyage and so on.
- Location: Spin Street House <http://www.spinstreet.co/>, 8 Spin
Street, Cape Town city centre.
- Date: Saturday, 12 November 2016
- Time: 10:00 - 13:00
- Parking: Best to park at either the small parking lot at Mostert
Street nearby or at the free parking lot
<https://www.google.co.za/maps/@-33.9278169,18.423642,18z> on Caledon
Street four blocks away.
If you want to attend digitally (from anywhere in the world) then please
email me and I will add you to the Google hangout to attend digitally that
day. So far 5 people have signed up to attend digitally.
The Agenda for the AGM is:
- Administration issues: CIPC directors update
- Banking: setting up a second account for fund from sources other than
the Wikimedia Foundation and change current account setup
- Elect new board: VERY IMPORTANT that all board members, past and newly
elected, have with them a certified copy of their ID and proof of address
both which are less than 2 months old.
- Summary of 2016: a year of edit-a-thons
- Wikimania 2018: should we do it?
- Simple Annual Grant <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Simple>
- Future activities?
- Sign the minutes (very important)
*Afrikaans Wikipedia anniversary*
We are also organising a celebration event nearby in the afternoon after
the AGM to celebrate Afrikaans Wikipedia's 15th birthday. Everyone
attending the AGM as well as anyone associated with Afrikaans Wikipedia
especially and other language Wikipedias generally are welcome to join.
Refreshments will be provided.
Details of the 15th birthday celebration are:
- Location: Townhouse Hotel <http://www.townhouse.co.za/>, 60
Corporation Street, Cape Town
- Time: 18:00 on wards
- Date: Saturday, 12th November 2016 (same day as the AGM)
Douglas Ian Scott
South African mobile number: +27 (0)79 515 8727