Thank you to the organizers of the Wikipedia 15 celebrations that we shared
today among San Francisco, New York City, Seattle, and elsewhere. (I
believe that remote viewers may have included people who are currently in
Russia and Japan!)
Thanks to the organizers and facilitators:
* Pharos, Joly and company coordinating activities in New York City
* Pete Forsyth, Stephen LaPorte, Rosiestep, and Brendan Campbell for
coordinating activities at SF
* Katherine Maher, Juliet Barbara, and the WMF Communications team, for
facilitating the community takeover of the WMF collaboration space
* Kacie Harold and the Grants Advisory Committee
authorizing some of the funds for the event
* And to everyone else who supported or attended today, especially the
presenters and panelists.
Video links to Youtube (Commons uploads will happen in the near future, I
* Welcome and lightning talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGhxEpowM6A
* "Wikipedia's content gender gap":
* "Stories from the weird old days":
* Panel discussion "The impact of 15 years of Wikipedia":
Here's to the next 15 years!
*Seattle folks*: we're meeting at the University of Washington
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Washington> Seattle campus,
Communications Building, in room 126. Casual conversation and potluck
starting at 12:15 (bring whatever you wish; we've had good luck with
potlucks so far! Please note allergens on food that you bring; some of us
are vegetarian and/or are allergic to certain ingredients). I will bring
cake, plastic silverware, plates, cups and napkins. We'll start the joint
lightning talks at 1 PM sharp.
*San Francisco folks*: you're meeting at the Wikimedia Foundation's
collaboration space. Per the Wikipedia meetup page
"Doors open at noon. Bring your own lunch (or perhaps we will find a
sponsor -- watch for an announcement). 12:45pm: Introductions (facilitator:
Rosiestep <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rosiestep>)" We'll start the
joint lightning talks at 1 PM sharp.
*New York folks*: see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC.
The meetup will happen from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm at Tisch School of the Arts
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tisch_School_of_the_Arts>. Photo ID may be
required to access the venue. Coffee and lunch will be provided. Please let
the organizers known in advance if you have vegetarian or other dietary
*If you are joining the video conference from another location*: we will
try to set up Hangouts and/or a livestream so that you can participate.
Clarifications and corrections to this note are welcome from the organizers
in SF and NYC.
See you tomorrow,