Personally I think there should be a bid. Going for the Queen Mary
solution may make a lot of sense as much of the preparation has
already been done and we could concentrate on improvements on the
previous attempt. However, before we settle on the location we should
probably consider why East London was not attractive last time around
and decide if these problems (whatever they were) could be overcome.
I also think we should be careful not to let a wikimania bid get in
the way of the charity registration and setting up the UK chapter.
While the chapter could lend support to the bid, I think it would be
good to have it lead from outside the board. I would be very happy for
Gordon to take the lead on this.
On 4/4/06, Gordon Joly <gordon.joly(a)pobox.com> wrote:
Shall we consider a bid?
I am happy to take the East London bid based on "Queen Mary,
University of London" and carry the ideas forward.
116, Hind Grove
London E14 6HP
Wikimedia UK mailing list