Its been months that we had meetups at Hyderabad, and still i feel that
nothing significant has been done to tewiki.
Some facts about tewiki :
- There are more than 48000 articles with the article count at the moment
of writing this mail being 48111.
- Most articles are one liners with the villages as theme, content being
village name, mandal name and district name.
- Many articles are a direct word to word translations
of English Wikipedia articles which lack nativity and have several
- Articles that can be marked as good are very few.
- Most of the places, personalities, other important entities do not have
articles at tewiki.
So, its obvious that we need to have a quality improvement of existing
articles and creation of relevant content as well. Also, we envision to have
reached the 50 k mark by August 29, 2011.
In this regard, I propose the first Telugu Wikipedia marathon on July 10,
Honeypot IT Consulting Private Limited,
6-2-46, Moin Court, Advocates Colony,
AC Guards, Hyderabad.
the marathon will run for 4-6 hours and participants can even do it from
their places. Those with lack of computer/internet facility can make use of
With thanks and regards