This temporary part-time contract will be listed on that page in the next
couple of days.
All my best,
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020, 18:20 , <pavanaja(a)vishvakannada.com> wrote:
Why this job is not listed here -
*From:* Wikimediaindia-l <wikimediaindia-l-bounces(a)lists.wikimedia.org> *On
Behalf Of *Satdeep Gill
*Sent:* Friday, July 24, 2020 8:07 AM
*To:* Wikimedia India Community list <wikimediaindia-l(a)lists.wikimedia.org
*Subject:* [Wikimediaindia-l] GLAM-wiki
contractor opportunity at
The Wikimedia Foundation <https://wikimediafoundation.org/> is looking
for a part-time temporary contractor to work remotely for 20 hours a week
from August or September until June 2021. The contractor will support
movement allies, affiliates, and organizers interested in bringing high
impact collections to Wikimedia projects. The hourly rate is up to $55
*We’d like you to do these things:*
· Mentor a cohort of cultural institutions making large content
contributions to develop shared practices for Structured Data on Commons,
particularly for captions and copyright statements.
· Take part in monthly office hours for the wider Wikimedia-GLAM
· Analyze and document innovations and workflows, in order to inform and
inspire Wikimedia communities and staff.
· Actively monitor communications to support the Wikimedia-GLAM community
to stay in touch, network, document, and exchange practices.
· Facilitate information sharing and product alignment with volunteers
maintaining software for GLAM-Wiki projects, such as OpenRefine, pywikibot,
*We’re looking for someone with these skills:*
· A practical understanding of using linked open data and broad open
platforms for sharing collections, including active use of Wikidata and/or
· Comfortable wrangling data with some experience scripting and using
command line tools.
· A good track record of promoting digital skills development or shared
practices through social media, written case studies, conference
presentations, and/or workshop facilitation.
· Comfort working with product teams and supporting products in an open,
networked ecosystem, through documentation and community consultation.
· Experience working with a distributed and remote team with people of
diverse skill sets and backgrounds.
· Strong written and spoken English.
*And it would be even more awesome if you have:*
· Proficiency in languages other than English.
· An existing network of collaborators and contacts in international open
knowledge, cultural heritage communities, or in the Wikimedia community.
· Experience working with communities that are not based in Europe or
Please send a cover letter and CV or LinkedIn profile to
glam(a)wikimedia.org by Friday 7 August.
[image: Image removed by sender.]
*Satdeep Gill *(pronouns - he, him)
GLAM and Underrepresented Knowledge
Wikimedia Foundation <https://wikimediafoundation.org/>
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit