Good job Tinu.
good to see the energetic members of wiki are in the list.
On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Tinu Cherian (Wikimedia India) <
We are pleased to announce the first batch of our team for
Communications, PR & Media Relations of the Wikimedia India Chapter.
- Tinu Cherian, Head, Communications
- Arun Ramaratnam, Official Spokesperson
- Anirudh Bhati
- Srikeit Tadepalli
- Noopur Raval
- Srikanth Lakshmanan
- Naveen Francis
- Pranav Curumsey
- Ram Shankar Yadav
- Mitra Sharma
- Anivar Aravind
We are still discussing with lots of potential people who are interested
and have the necessary skills. We will be adding them as we progress.
*Scope of Work*
Duties and Responsibilities of the team include, but are not limited to
* General :*
- Development of a comprehensive multi-language Communications
Plan for Wikimedia Movement in India to support the Chapter's strategic
objectives. This plan must include social media, digital outreach, Public
Relations (PR) and supporting community and chapter outreach.
- Implementation of the Communications Plan - including
measuring of results focused on growth in participation and readership
within India and continuous improvement as required.
- Identification, selection and onboarding of specialised
agencies as required.
- Build a close partnership with the Community and Wikimedia
Foundation India Programs to support communications and media outreach.
- Participating in Global Wikimedia Communications committee
and subscribed to its mailing list: wmfcc-l(a)mail.wikimedia.org
* Communications :*
- Supporting and overseeing communication with Wikimedia
community which includes Chapter members, general public and media.
- Helping the Chapter Secretary in the monthly report that is
send to the members and the community.
- Providing ad hoc support to the Chapter & Community on all
aspects of communications as may be deemed necessary.
* Public/ Media Relations :*
- Coordinating communications with the press, including press
releases, interviews, and inquiries.
- Handling press enquiries and answering them.
- Build a close partnership and working relation with a
network of journalists and news editors all over India and abroad.
- Maintaining a list of people willing to be contacted &
interviewed by the media.
- Identify potential "media worthy" stories and getting them
published into the mass media.
- Contacting editors and publishers of Wikipedia press
coverage to request that corrections be published as needed.
- Public Relations (PR) to build and manage relationships with
media and drive messaging that promotes participation.
- Researching press lists, monitoring and analyzing media
coverage, both negative and positive.
- will be responsible for executing and carrying out PR
campaigns on behalf of the chapter.
- Improve Wikimedia media coverage especially on Indian local
- Supporting the media coverage of Chapter , Wikimedia
Foundation and Community led events and initiatives in India like
Wikiconference, wikimeeetups, wikiacademies, workshops etc
* Digital Properties/Social Media :*
- Digital outreach comprises how to drive awareness and
education and movitation to participate in various projects from within the
existing readership base.
- Social media includes managing and driving social media
vehicles to drive participation (i.e., building awareness and driving
traffic to Indic language editions, raising awareness of how content is
created on various projects and motivating and enabling participation.)
- Maintain the official IRC channel on freenode: #wikimedia-in
and regularly conduct planned IRC sessions.
- Maintain the social media properties including the ones on
facebook & twitter and Youtube channels, and all Public facing Digital
resources like the wiki, blog and website.
- Keeping the Wikimedia India Press kit and In the News
sections on the public wiki up to date.
- Interacting with the Chapter OTRS team.
- Help and co-ordinate the Community Newsletter, WikiPatrika
* Team Structure*
- The team is led by Head of Communications, PR & Media Relations,
Wikimedia Chapter. The position is a voluntary and not a staff/paid
- There is an official Spokesperson of the Wikimedia India
Chapter. The position is a voluntary and not a staff/paid position.
- The above positions will be handled either by a single person or
- The Team will be internally divided into Communications , Press
& Social Media sub-teams.
You can find more information at
Wikimedia India Chapter.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Wikimedia
Chapter, India Member's Group.
To post to this group, send email to wmin-members(a)googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at