The Pune Wikipedia Tenth Anniversary dates, venues, locations are finalised.
The information is placed below. The same information is listed online at :
These pages will kept upto date and you can lookup these for latest changes.
We request maximum participation.
Four initiatives have crystallised to date (04 Jan 2010)
- Marathi Wikipedia meetup - 8th January, 1830 - 2000 hrs, SICSR, Atur
Centre, Model Colony. Room No 704. 7th floor ( room no. may change ). Mandar
Kulkarni (User:Mvkulkarni23 on Marathi
- Improvement of bird articles by 7th Ornithology Course (run by Ela
Foundation and Abasaheb
of Arts and Sciences). This will consist of a talk and editing session to
the course during their session on 13 Jan 2011. Three articles on Indian
bird species will be developed and uploaded on the 15 Jan function. Dr
Satish Pande and Dr Anand Padhye, the course organisers and mentors have
given full support.
- Pune photothon - Pune loves Wikimedia Commons - 09 Jan 2011, 9 AM
Shaniwar Wada gate. All interested photographers meet there. Sudhanwa
- Evangelism in schools and colleges. This is being organised
independently by TEDxPUNE <http://www.facebook.com/TEDxPUNE> on 15 Jan in
the same premises as the meetup from around 9 AM to 5 PM. The Pune
Wikipedian community is supporting them with lecture/presentation/edit
session. Abhishek (TEDxPUNE on Facebook) is coordinating.
Main meetup schedule
The meetup will be conducted from 1830 - 2000 hrs, at Symbiosis Institue of
Computer Sciences and Research, Atur Centre, Model Colony. Room No 704. 7th
floor. (Directions to reach Atur
Schedule will be as follows :
- Presentation on Wikipedia (ten minutes).
- Short talks on:
- Marathi Wikipedia (ten minutes).
- 7th Ornithology Course's contribution to Wikipedia with Uploading of
the three improved articles on Indian Birds (ten minutes).
- Talk on contribution to Wikimedia Commons with symbolic upload of
two photographs, one each of two TFs - Wikimedia Commons loves Pune, and
Hill-forts of Maharashtra (ten minutes).
- Talk on contribution made by TEDxPUNE's event for college students
on 15 Jan 2011 (ten minutes).
- Hallmark address by Mr Barry Newstead from Wikimedia Foundation.
- Vote of thanks.