October 2013 stats for Tamil Wikipedia is out. We have crossed many milestones in one jump coinciding with our Tenth Anniversary Celebrations!
* 1017 Total contributors . We have crossed the 1000 milestone after Malayalam Wikipedia. Next in line is Hindi Wikipedia with 988 total contributors.
* 118 active editors who edit 5 times a month. Highest in ten years and the first time we crossed 100.
* 27 new editors joined this month. This is the second highest enrollment in ten years after the 2010 June state wide essay contest time.
* 25 very active editors who edit 100 times a month. Highest in ten years.
* We went from 1 to 2 contributors for every one million Tamil speaking population now.
* Registered 8.5m million page views. That is 2,83,000 per day. Highest in ten years.
We hope to sustain this activity through various initiatives.