I will appreciate if you can answer the following questions regarding the
MoU between CIS and WMF.
I have placed these questions at
where we can continue the discussion.
- What was the budget allotted for former Wikimedia India programs? Can
you provide details of the amount transferred to India for executing this
program? After the shut down of this program, how much was left and how
much was transferred back to WMF's US account? Did you face procedural and
regulatory difficulties in transfering this amount back to US?
- What was the rationale for the grant amount given to CIS-A2K? I assume
they were given the grant and staff first and then asked to work on a plan?
- Was CIS asked to work on specific plans that were part of the
Wikipedia India programs' agenda? For example, was CIS asked to work on
Wikipedia education programmes?
- Are there donors to WMF who specifically demand that their money be
spent on specific geographic area or program like Wikipedia Education
- What was the need for transitioning an existing team of WMF
contractors to an external partner? Why was it a condition for selecting a
partner? Why not just shut down the Wikipedia India programs and leave?
Don't organizations close operations and fire people?
- What is the need for renewing this partnership which is based on a
model that won't be repeated again?
- How many years have been specified in the MoU about the continuing
partnership? What is the exit clause? Does exit have to be mutually agrred?