@Arjuna & Tinu,
How about adding these things in the discussion in this Sunday meetup?
Dear Wikimedia India Community,
Last month, the Chapter has taken several steps to engage with the community towards building the Chapter further. Here are the highlights.
- Membership drive to enroll members who will be able to both stand for elections and vote in the elections to the Executive Committee of the Chapter was completed on 23 Jun 2011. The membership stands at 64 as of 23-June-2011. We thank the community for having shown keen interest in getting membership in the Chapter.
- A mailing list exclusively for members (email@example.com) is now operational. We encourage members to start using the mailing list for discussing topics of interest to members.
- A wiki for members (http://members.wikimedia.in with 36 accounts as of 4 Jul 2011) is now operational. We request all members to intimate chapter their user-ids on Community wiki, to enable access for them on Members Wiki. Members can seamlessly access community wiki and Members wiki, with single login. We look forward to building an active members wiki, which can help in shaping the Chapter's plans.
- Chapter decided to partner with the Mumbai and Pune Wiki-Communities to co-host the WikiConference India for this year.
- Applied for a boot strap grant from the Wikimedia Foundation.
- AGM is planned for 24th September, 2011 in Bangalore.
We thank the community on the support extended to the Chapter so far. We would like to thank Arnav Chaudhary specifically for offering to set-up a platform for membership sign-ups and management and building a test site and several others from members and community in testing the prototype. We look forward to the community and members to volunteer for other projects as well and also support the chapter through donations, as getting the funds from Foundation could take 3-4 months.
Over the next few weeks, we will work towards forming city/language subcommittee (for members only), defining the process for nominations and conduct of elections for vacancies in EC as well as making progress on projects.
You can still register to be a member of the Chapter by using the [Individual Membership Form] along with either Cheque/DD payable at par at Bangalore or via online transfer. Please do send us the physical copy of the form, duly signed, to the Bangalore address of the Chapter.
Look forward to your continued supportThank you.Best,
Gautam on behalf of the Wikimedia Chapter.(PS: Please do cross-post this as necessary)
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list