---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Alexander Tsirlin" <email@example.com
Date: 31-Aug-2018 3:09 PM
Subject: [Wiki Loves Monuments] Wikivoyage banner competition in WLM-2018
We are happy to announce the Wikivoyage banner competition as part of WLM-2018:
Same as last year, we invite the participants to convert their photos into banner images used at Wikivoyage. These banner images introduce travel destinations in a visual and attractive form. They can depict panoramic views, important landmarks, or recognizable details. Page banners can be easily cropped from the Wiki Loves Monuments photos.
## What's new this year? ##
1. The competition runs till October 31; this leaves the time to crop the photos and upload the banners after the end of the main WLM period
2. There is a separate upload campaign (wlm-banners) that helps us to structure the uploads
## We need your help! ##
1. First and foremost, please, spread the word about the banner competition among your local community
2. Add information about the banner competition to your landing page. Link to the Commons page mentioned above, or (even better) translate it into your language
3. We create the lists of 'most needed destinations', namely, those that have Wikivoyage articles but miss banner images so far. Please, let me know if your local community may be interested in such a list. We shall prepare one for your country in the beginning of September
4. As the upload campaign is new, we are still translating it into different languages. Please, let me know what will be the best translation for the field "Source image (Commons file that your banner was cropped from)"
Please, send it to me personally and not to the mailing list. Thank you!
Your questions and comments are welcome!
Best wishes for your upcoming WLM,
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list