This is very good news Ravi. Kudos to the community!
Sent from the touchscreen equivalent of a Nokia 1100, pardon the sender.
On Nov 24, 2013 11:17 PM, "Ravishankar" <ravidreams(a)gmail.com> wrote:
October 2013 stats for Tamil Wikipedia is out. We have crossed many
milestones in one jump coinciding with our Tenth Anniversary Celebrations!
* 1017 Total contributors . We have crossed the 1000 milestone after
Malayalam Wikipedia. Next in line is Hindi Wikipedia with 988 total
* 118 active editors who edit 5 times a month. Highest in ten years and
the first time we crossed 100.
* 27 new editors joined this month. This is the second highest enrollment
in ten years after the 2010 June state wide essay contest time.
* 25 very active editors who edit 100 times a month. Highest in ten years.
* We went from 1 to 2 contributors for every one million Tamil speaking
* Registered 8.5m million page views. That is 2,83,000 per day. Highest in
We hope to sustain this activity through various initiatives.
Wikimediaindia-l mailing list
To unsubscribe from the list / change mailing preferences visit