I have kicked off Q&A with the following question
Natural working style?
Can you share your couple of examples of on wiki or off wiki contributions
or talk about your natural working style and how you dealt with conflicts
which are a crucial element of a volunteer board?
September 2012 (IST)
Request responses from Candidates at the earliest.
Also request all members and community to add their questions at the
earliest (the link is in the enclosed email) and take part in these
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 5:57 PM, BalaSundaraRaman <sundarbecse(a)yahoo.com>wrote:
> In order to know the candidates' views better, we have arranged for a Q&A
> on the wiki. Please add your questions latest by September 7 at
> Candidates shall respond by the 10th.
> On behalf of the election committee
I am glad to share with you about hiring Executive Manager for Wikimedia
The job description is enclosed. (
I request you to share these details in your network and help in staffing
Secretary, Wikimedia India Chapter
Job Description for Executive Manager
The candidate will be the first staff member of the organisation and will
have the exciting opportunity of growing the organisation to maximise its
impact. The staff size is expected to grow 5 people over 2-3 years.
The successful candidate will initially report to President of the
Wikimedia India or a designated Executive Committee(EC) member. Most
interactions will be with the EC and extended leadership team of the
Chapter, Members, Community and partner organizations. Hence the candidate
needs to be flexible about working hours. This position is based in
Bangalore, India. Salary will be commensurate with Qualification. More
details of work expected from the Candidate are given below.
1. Help develop short term and long term plans for the growth of
Wikimedia project readers and Editors
2. Support Wikimedia India events
3. Present about Chapter, Wikimedia Foundation and conduct basic
computer and Wiki literacy trainings.
4. Hire additional staff,interns as per plan
5. Develop Fund raising plan and execute with a goal of raising atleast
25% of budget locally in the first 2 years.
6. Prepare drafts of regular communication for Members, Community, WMF,
Press and communication after approval by leadership team
7. Maintenance of books of Accounts, membership and Donor
database:Preparation & maintenance of Vouchers, issue of Receipts, making
payments, preparation and issue of checks and making cash payments, TDS
8. Preparation of Quarterly Financial statements.
9. Preparation of Annual Accounts,coordination with Consultants and
10. Filing of Income Tax returns and matters related to it.
11. Filing of Annual return with audited Accounts with the Registrar of
12. Liason with Consultants and Government Departments with regard to
Section 12A Registration, FCRA, Online membership/donation/voting for
The following education, experience and skills are required:
Masters degree in Commerce/Social Sciences/Science & engineering streams
Recently retired professionals with at least latest three years of
experience at Senior leadership level will be given preference. For other
candidates, 5-10 years over all experience with at least 3 years in
leadership role is required.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills
2. Ability to work with minimal supervision
3. Experience of atleast three years with Office productivity software
for documentation, presentation, data analysis, financial management and
How to Apply
- If you wish to apply please send a *CV with* *a one page essay(600-800
words) on "Strategies for maximising the impact of Wikimedia India and the
role for WMIN Staff"* to careers(a)wikimedia.in by Sep 8, 2012
- Only candidates shortlisted will be called for Interview at Bangalore
during Sep 15-Sep 23 and the selected candidate is expected to take up the
role from Oct 1, 2012.
- Outstation candidates will have to make their own arrangements for the
interviews at Bangalore.
Here are the details of the snail mail received last week via CIS.
a) Signed agreement from Apar Gupta regarding Pro bono legal services
b)Wiki Conference India bank account statement Jun-Aug(till closing) from
c)Completed Individual membership application form from
*Moksh Juneja with details of NEFT transfer
*Saurabh Mehta with details of NEFT transfer
d) Completed Institutional membership application from Arnion Technologies
Pvt Ltd.Gujarat with cheque for Rs1000/-
e) Cheque book for FCRA account
f) Undelivered envelope addressed to Dr Abhijeet Safai.
greeting from Wiki Loves Monuments India core team.
We are happy and please to let you informed that the global photography
contest Wiki Loves Monuments 2012 (WLM) kicks off today, while India
participates along and competes with other 35 nations. On behalf of the
core team and Wikimedia India chapter, we are inviting you to participate
in the month long contest, which runs from *1st of September to 31st of
- List of monuments in India is now ready, which qualifies for the
- All the images should be uploaded under a different upload campaign
created for WLM in India.
- All the photos participating in the contest must be self taken. Images
can be old, but should be uploaded before 30th of September.
- Participants must have their email-id enabled in Wikimedia Commons to
be eligible for prizes
- Creativity, natural, and importance to Wikipedia will be given prime
importance by Jury
- The default license will be CC-BY-SA 3.0
- Remember, this is a contest, hence *prizes are to be won*.
- We also have a Facebook group and a Facebook page
Do participate and share among your friends to make the contest big in
India. It will be our pride, if we showcase our heritage globally, being
very much patriotic :) All the best to all.
Thanks and regards,