Meeting Minutes-21 August 2014


Eugene Eichelberger (EE)

Shannon Eichelberger (SE)

Rebecca O’Neill (RO)

Sabina Bonnici (SB)

Sharon Flynn (SF)


-SF will be attending the EduWiki Conference in Edinburgh in October

-Two educators at NUI Galway are interested in getting a program up and running with some of their Master level students in Irish. SF will contact Alison about the gaps in coverage on Vicipéid

-SF found a page written by a Wikipedia editor about project and goals for Ireland around education and Wikipedia. SB attempted to contact but received no response. EE will reach out to him


-RO is still looking for a venue for Ada Lovelace Day

-Roy has been in contact with a lecturer in Advanced Information Skills in UCD who is doing a module on genealogical sketches of people from 1913/1916 and she’s trying to gauge our interest in assisting. SE will let Roy know that we are very interested in helping

-Roy was contacted by the Education Officer for National Council of Curriculum and Assessment about edit-a-thons in schools. EE will reach out to him

User Group

-SB followed up with coordinator via email. He said they should be looking at our application soon. It generally takes 3 weeks for a response

-The incorporation paperwork came through. RO and SE will set up a bank account after the launch

-We plan on giving a talk at the ODI meeting on 18 September at 6:30

Wiki Loves Monuments

-Launch Speech-SB will will be the emcee, SE will speak about contest, EE will speak about Open Knowledge, RO will speak about Wikimedia Ireland

-RO will create a powerpoint of images for the launch

-Website-SE will get the multi-lingual app working this weekend and will post the 2 pages SF had translated

              -Photowalks information will be added to the site

              -EE and SE will replace the images on the banner with monument images

              -SB will add a terms and conditions page

-RO translated the central notice on Wikipedia into Irish and changed the start date for our contest

-PR-SB will have a briefing call with the PR company tomorrow. RO has agreed to be the media contact

-Marketing-Roy sent over stats for the past month-but we think they include admin access. SE will check the settings on wordpress to be sure they are not being counted

-We have 3 confirmed photowalks: Skerries, Cork City , and Drogheda

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday 4 September @ 6pm. If you would like to attend the meeting via Skype send an email to