The open call for the Wikimedia Foundation Project Grants program begins
today, January 21, when we begin public review of new proposals. The final
deadline is February 20th for all submissions. <
gt;. Importantly, this will be
the only open call for Project Grants in the current fiscal year, which
ends on June 30th 2020.
Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups and
organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, whether
focused on building a new tool or gadget, organizing a better process on
your wiki, researching an important issue, coordinating an editathon series
or providing other support for community building.
We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete
a grant proposal:
Weekly proposals clinics via Hangouts during the Open Call
Join us for real-time discussions with Program Officers and select thematic
experts and get live feedback about your Project Grants proposal. We’ll
answer questions and help you make your proposal better.
Dates, times and themes:
* Wednesday, January 22, 1500-1550 UTC: General proposal clinic
* Friday, January 24, 1900-1950 UTC: Software-themed proposal clinic
* Friday, January 24, 2100-2150 UTC: General proposal clinic
* Monday, February 3, 1700-1750 UTC: General proposal clinic
* Tuesday, February 4, 2100-2150 UTC: GLAM-themed proposal clinic
* Thursday, February 6, 2200-2250 UTC: Education-themed proposal clinic
* Monday, February 10, 1700-1750 UTC: Software-themed proposal clinic
* Monday, February 17, 1830-1920 UTC General proposal clinic
* Tuesday, February 11, 1600-1650 UTC: Education-themed proposal clinic
* Tuesday, February 18, 1600-1650 UTC: Education-themed proposal clinic
* Wednesday, February 19, 1500-1550 UTC: Software-themed proposal clinic
* Wednesday, February 19, 2000-2050 UTC: GLAM-themed proposal clinic
We also offer these support pages to help you build your proposal:
* Video tutorials for writing a strong application:
* General planning page for Project Grants: <
* Program guidelines and criteria:
Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal
support upon request. Contact us at projectgrants(a)wikimedia.org if you
would like feedback or more information.
We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and
make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into
motion, and submit your proposal by February 20, 2020! <
Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with
your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee.
Contact us at projectgrants(a)wikimedia.org.
Marti Johnson and Chris Schilling
Program Officers for Project Grants
*Pronouns: she/her/hersProgram Officer*
*Wikimedia Foundation <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>*
*1 Montgomery, Ste. 1600*
*San Francisco, CA 94104*
Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!