Hi Farhad,

That's great to hear that you are already working on a blog post! Keep me updated on how we can support.

In terms of recognition, since I'm still relatively new to the Foundation I'm not 100% sure what the options are - hence why I asked if you'd heard of other examples that I could follow-up on. Let me check in with a couple of teams here and see what we can do, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!
Nadee

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 7:53 AM Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin <frhd@yandex.com> wrote:
Dear Nadee,

This morning, before I've seen your email, I discussed blog-related issues with my Wiki-mentee Timerkhan (who was instrumental in getting the event organized, doing the groundwork & being present on the grounds all throughout). He agreed to start preparing a report in the form of a Russian Wikinews article & a Wikimedia Education Newsletter post (tonight or tomorrow). We will invite all attendees to contribute into growing it and I will help with translating it, if and where appropriate. I think the text for Wikimedia blog should be adapted from there.

As for recognition of regional leaders, I thought of something tangible that can be either put or hanged somewhere in a way as to remind about Wikimedia movement both on a global and local scale. Public support Wikimedians are getting from political leaders of Tatarstan is yet unprecedented in the Russian Federation and the July event (Edutainment-shaped Outreach activity) is only an incident that can be used as a pretext for issuing such a recognition, which will be valuable for developing this opportunity. Wikimedia Community Languages of Russia colleagues very much hope that Education circles in our Republic can get acquainted with Wikimedia and showcase own successes on a national level, so that federal and their regional authorities start showing similar support. Tomorrow Mr. Abdulla Khamidullin https://w.wiki/6iT and myself are attending a follow-on meeting in the regional department of education to discuss the Wiki Education implementation scenarios related to Tatar https://w.wiki/6cU  I originally thought about something like a letter of thanks signed by Katherine that we could bring home from Wikimania, frame and then pass on through Wikimedia Russia and one of our local partners (but it can be something different). I've no clue if Wikimedia Foundation has done anything of the kind before and have no idea where to look such things up. I would be very happy for whatever advice and support you or your qualified colleagues can provide. If the idea is too wild or currently seems inappropriate, please be direct.

regards,
farhad

-- 
Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417



31.07.2019, 23:01, "Nadee Gunasena" <ngunasena@wikimedia.org>:
> Hi Farhad,
>
> Thank you for sharing the recap from the event and these successes! It's so great to see the pictures and the kids during the event.
>
> In terms of your request #2, I'd love some more information about what an official letter or backing could look like? Is this something that we've done in the past? I'm wondering if perhaps this may be a request for the Community Engagement team or someone else, to ask about how we can acknowledge the support given by the regional leaders to make this event happen. Let me know if there's an example you can share of a previous letter of support, or I can connect you to someone in CE to talk about next steps there.
>
> Given the success of this event, I think it would be great if you would be able to draft a blog about the event, the learnings from it, and potentially even link to the English guide about Wiki Education Implementation that you mention. We could post this on the Wikimedia blog and amplify it there, to get the most visibility about your event. Is this something doable? I'm happy to help support if you can put a draft together - there are some draft guidelines here if needed.
>
> Let me know your thoughts on next steps, Farhad. Thank you!
>
> Nadee
>
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 3:33 AM Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin <frhd@yandex.com> wrote:
>> Dear Nadee and all,
>>
>> This is to (1) give you some ideas about what you can Tweet about, (2) request WMF support to help me develop the current success and (3) report on progress since.
>>
>> 1. During the Wiki-program during 2019 IT BILER FORUM (July 17-20) the team of International Wikimedia volunteers, aided by Nichole Saad of Wikimedia Education & Amir Aharoni of Wikimedia Language teams, have exposed over 600 children from Tatarstan to Wikimedia world and its activities. We had 2 master-classes every day, usually in a large tent, with kids being rotated between various IT activities on the forum grounds - the total of children that heard about Wikimedia projects during the event exceeded 2000.
>>
>> The picture taken when Tatarstan President walked into the smaller Wiki-tent of 2019 IT BILER FORUM (July 18) depicts all Wikimedians who where on the site at the moment (see description @
>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Farhad_Fatkullin_President_Minnikhanov_Wiki-session_IT_BILER_FORUM_2019.jpg )
>> The screen behind me then was either Tatar Wikipedia category for non-qualified CEE Spring 2019 articles that I invited kids to start editing, or a short link thereto https://w.wiki/6Cs
>>
>> You can find more pictures from the dedicated Commons category https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wiki-program_of_IT_BILER_FORUM
>>
>> 2. I would be grateful, if WMF can issue some official letter or a certificate acknowledging the support and backing given to Wikimedia movement development in Tatarstan by our two leaders:
>> * ex-President of the Republic, State Councillor of Tatarstan & UNESCO Special Envoy for Intercultural Dialogue Mintimer Shaimiev - his personal call and recommendation to one of the current Vice-Prime Ministers opened the first door for us last summer, then continued after personal meeting with him in October
>> * Current President Rustam Minnikhanov - who supported the Wiki-program organization during IT BILER FORUM, as well as instructed local Department of Education (elementary & secondary schools) and local University to start working towards bringing "Wiki into Education"
>>
>> 3. Tatarstan Department of Education is grateful to see my first Russian draft of a step-by-step Wiki Education implementation guide available @ https://w.wiki/69y
>> * I will start translating it into English today, so as to give a chance to the international community to see what's there and comment on what else can be added for Russia's non-Wikimedian teachers and kids have an easier time during standard educational tasks onwiki - local department of education contact said they will be grateful for International community guidance.
>> * The preferred way for elementary and middle schoolers seems to be developing Wikijunior @ ruWb & ttWb (https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1783751) - my reasoning was supported by colleagues in Wikimedia Russia Telegram group, Wikimedia Armenia and Wikipedia & Education UG member Susanna Mkrtchyan, and my contact in Tatarstan Presidential Administration was very much excited about such a development.
>>
>> regards,
>> farhad
>>
>> --
>> Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417
>>
>> 19.07.2019, 19:24, "Nadee Gunasena" <ngunasena@wikimedia.org>:
>>> Farhad,
>>>
>>>  Thank you for putting together this extremely comprehensive list of lessons learned! This is really helpful to know as we hopefully work together on future collaborations. I'm really glad to hear that Nichole's talk was useful to those in attendance and that it went over so well. It's also quite educational to hear about the regional priorities and the focus on Tatar, especially the language. I know you must be quite busy at the end of a big event, but if you do want to put together a blog about this event and the successes let me know!
>>>
>>> Thank you Farhad! While I know we couldn't make everything we wished happen for this event, hopefully we can work together in the future to do so.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nadee
>>> ᐧ
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 2:40 PM Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin <frhd@yandex.com> wrote:
>>>> Dear Nadee and all,
>>>>
>>>> My special thanks go to Nichole for being able to adapt her schedule on the run.
>>>>
>>>> This was pure improvisation, but everything worked out well. Nichole's speech was a perfectly dosed first Wikimedia movement introduction to about 2/3 of the audience in attendance (today we worked in a smaller tent with about 40-50 seats). I used 10-15 min of waiting for Nichole's connection to have Wikimedia speakers introduce themselves, explain why they were on the forum grounds and interact with the audience a bit (a fallback on the original plan in my July 12 email).
>>>>
>>>> Selet WikiSchool youth organizers, the youth audience and occasional adults felt the talk was a success, as they got to hear a new speaker, who was fun to listen to, smart & short.
>>>>
>>>> LESSONS LEARNED:
>>>> 1) We should always use UTC for communication. My fault: In July 12 email I should have used 10:30-11:30am UTC instead of 1:30-2:30pm MSK.
>>>> 2) We realized that Selet's forums are centered around bonding of youth from their different thematic camps and cross-pollination of ideas through joint activities and contests. Education & skill development related activities are only held at dedicated camps or clubs (like Selet WikiSchool Spring & Fall sessions). Session participants are randomly selected, even few organizers had a chance to listen to what all session speakers had to share.
>>>> 3) Short one-off sessions are most satisfactory for the audience if they leave them feeling they've learned some tangible skill developed through completion of a set of short & simple practical tasks.
>>>> 4) We used URL Shortener to get newbies to the page necessary for tasks or topics at hand.
>>>>
>>>> regards,
>>>> farhad
>>>>
>>>> P.S. About an hour before Nichole's session, I was called up by a Regional department of Education unit director requesting me to provide them within a week with a written step-by-step algorithm (guideline) in Russian or Tatar on how their elementary & secondary teachers in all subject areas working with all age-groups can start using Wiki in education beginning this coming school year. I agreed to start looking at it beginning July 22nd. The interest is in having students engage in content creation, so I convinced them to start with Tatar Wikipedia, as the community is less stringent or more tolerant about content without proper referencing, categories, etc.
>>>>
>>>> P.P.S. Supporting Tatar's vitality seems one of clear political priorities of Tatarstan President. He came into our tent when I was speaking Russian, welcomed me smilingly, addressed me in Tatar using phrases that communicated to all Tatar speakers his preference that I use the regional language when delivering Wiki-related content. It's a clear sign Mr.President wants to see more topics delivered / interpreted into Tatar in Selet camps/forums. I was filmed giving the video interview in Tatar today right before Nichole's session (which I actually started it in Tatar as well), so I hope Selet will publish that video on Commons or its CC-BY website for me to have a clear proof that I actually did speak Tatar throughout the Wiki-session ;)
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417
>>>>
>>>> 18.07.2019, 21:02, "Nadee Gunasena" <ngunasena@wikimedia.org>:
>>>>> Hi all - I wanted to follow-up and see how the talk went this morning! I couldn't join due to the time difference, but would love to hear how it was received and if there is any feedback for next time. Thank you!
>>>>>
>>>>> Nadee
>>>>> ᐧ
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 5:45 PM Nadee Gunasena <ngunasena@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks so much for the continued guidance and all of the detail around the upcoming event. Farhad, thanks so much for your comments - we're happy to support in any way that we can.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> You had asked about how we can do some social media amplification. I think the best thing to do would be if you, Timerkhan or anyone else can take some pictures during the event - especially of the youth participating in editing or learning more about Wiki projects. We can share those photos on Twitter to amplify the work and the conference. As to the blog - if this is of interest, I can work with you and others on the team to put together a blog post with a summary of the event and some highlights. This can be short, and just highlight some of the most interesting sessions or any feedback you all heard during the event - anything that speaks to the success of the event. Perhaps a good thing to do would be to circle back on this next week, after the event is over? We can see if it's doable to write a short blog that week or the week after about the event.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Let me know how that sounds. Thanks!
>>>>>> Nadee
>>>>>> ᐧ
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 6:10 AM Nichole Saad <nsaad@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi Farhad,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks for following up. I'm going to keep the slides very minimal, so there shouldn't be too much to translate. Aside from this talk, it would be great to talk with you more about the upcoming secondary school program. Can we jump on a call (maybe with others from the Education Team as well) in the coming weeks?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Since the talk is only about 10 min, I'll keep it pretty brief. I will focus on what makes it engaging and special for students, and connect them to the larger movement, and then open it for questions. Since there will be other talks and events before this one, I assume I don't need to go into what the Wikimedia movement is, and can focus more specifically about the work of students?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> thank you!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Nichole
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 11:19 AM Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin <frhd@yandex.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Dear Nadee and all,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I will copy this to Wikimedia Russia to make it public.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 1) No hard feelings about neither Katherine, nor Jimmy being able to be physically in Tatarstan this time:
>>>>>>>> * I knew chances where slim even when sending my May 9-10 heads up to wikimedia-ru, then https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2019-May/092390.html & then to WMF people I knew.
>>>>>>>> * It took some time to formalize preexisting relationship between Selet & Wikimedia Russia, before we could send a proper invite from WMRU on June 6
>>>>>>>> * I don't know if WMRU or WMF communicated the same to Jimmy in time for him to even consider it (I certainly didn't know the proper channel to reach out to him).
>>>>>>>> * There might be lots of other yet invisible obstacles. My excuse is that our youth came up with the idea, we all did our best to support them this time and will do better next time around. The rest is in Almighty's hands.
>>>>>>>> * We are grateful to WMF for having Nichole & Amir helping us @ IT BILER FORUM https://w.wiki/5wX
>>>>>>>> * It would be awesome if you can help Katherine or Jimmy record a 2-3 minute long greeting message for IT BILER FORUM participating youth, mentioning Wikimedia Russia, Selet, Tatar Wikimedians and Selet WikiSchool
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 2) I am confident that Selet Youth Movement (Wikimedia Russia's partner in Selet WikiSchool project) will be happy to see WMF Twitter / Blog showcasing Selet's support to Wikimedia session organized by Selet WikiSchool youth for themselves & peers during Selet's Annual IT FORUM. I will need some guidance on how to proceed on this front & would be happy to engage after July 21 (the deadline for Wikimania 2019 Posters). Timerkhan will be our lead for respective poster & the lightning talk @ Wikimania. As for me, I'm old school - my Twitter is called email ;)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> For Nichole to keep in mind when preparing / speaking:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 3) Selet is interested in introducing Wiki-components into year-round Selet clubs in various cities and towns of Tatarstan. First declaration of intent was made in December 2018 https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CEE/Newsletter/December_2018/Contents/Russia_report  but the format is still undecided. Selet WikiSchool YouTube-broadcasts are run from their downtown Kazan location, most participants watching them in recording whenever convenient.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 4) Selet.biz is under CC-BY license for a while now, but very few Internet users in this part of the world do know what it means - even despite the fact that they are widely used by Russia's President, Federal & Regional governments, Ministries, etc. https://w.wiki/677
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 5) This coming Tuesday, July 16, myself and User:Marat-avgust (Tatar Wikipedia admin, many times Wikimedia Russia' Wiki-Award recipient for content contribution into ttWP) are invited to the meeting with Regional Government and Department of Education representatives to consult them on steps and strategies to introduce Wiki-component into secondary school program (regional component related to Tatar language). We will be citing successful experience with Selet WikiSchool, two other local partners, and on-going discussions with local universities. Some of their representatives will later attend Selet's IT BILER FORUM at the time when Nichole will be connecting.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 6) Wikimedia Russia is developing its network of partners in Tatarstan (various NGOs, Universities, regional & local State bodies, making some in-roads into GLAMs), so idea of having a separate multilingual & multicultural WUG TATARSTAN is maturing. Selet WikiSchool youth, which is currently developing and showcasing their project through Wikimedia Russia & the growing Tatar-language specific WUG TAT, have expressed interest in joining projects of the regionally-centered entity as well (Tatar is an important component of Selet's activities, but many don't know it well enough to write in it). Selet leadership expressed interest in possible cooperation in the framework of a weekly Russian-English-Tatar-English Poli-lingual Wikiclub open to the public - the idea itself was born in the Fall of 2018, we are in the process of formalizing the concept, the format and finding the appropriate location partner to host it (one of the possible candidates is Tatarstan National Library https://ru.wikinews.org/?curid=228908 , though our youth is also offering other publicly accessible locations with availability of PCs and we are exploring more options).
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> regards,
>>>>>>>> farhad
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> 13.07.2019, 01:35, "Nadee Gunasena" <ngunasena@wikimedia.org>:
>>>>>>>>> Hi Farhad,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thank you for the email and the detailed logistics about next week's talk. I will let Nichole comment on any specifics around her presentation and topics. I did want to address the comment about only today becoming aware that Katherine could not attend.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I'm part of the Communications team supporting Katherine. When we first received the invitations to this event, both from yourself and from Vladimir, we tried to see if there was a way to fit this into her calendar but unfortunately July is quite a busy month with some other travel already scheduled, and we weren't able to make it work. It's my mistake that I didn't copy you in on my emails to Vladimir in mid and late June where I shared that this schedule would not work for Katherine, but that we were exploring other speakers in Wikimedia Education. I apologize that you only found out about this now, less than one week from the event.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Another thing I had shared in those emails that I wanted to bring up again is how we can support and make sure to get visibility for this event and the work happening with youth in this region. Our team would be happy to work with you to help amplify this on Twitter, and also perhaps to write a blog about this event during or after the conference. We want to show our support for this event and the education efforts of Wikimedia Russia.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Let me know if this is of interest and how we can work together to bring more attention to your work. Thank you Farhad.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Best,
>>>>>>>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> ᐧ
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 3:14 PM Фархад Фаткуллин / Farhad Fatkullin <frhd@yandex.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> Dear Nichole,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Thank you for agreeing to present cool Wikimedia Education projects that can inspire high-school aged youth of Tatarstan and other regions of Russia, during the upcoming IT BILER FORUM 2019.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Some comments after discussions with Selet representatives during the day:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 1. As of today, the video link with you is being planned during a lively informal discussion event taking place on July 18 some time around 1:30-2:30 pm (Moscow time zone).
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 2. Both Timerkhan (Selet WikiSchool project team leader) and Selet leadership representatives asked me to moderate it.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 3. This will be a third Wiki-related event of that day (after 2 one-hour-long presentation and hands on type master-classes in the morning) & an after lunch session must be especially engaging or we will lose the audience quite quickly.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 4. In my moderator function, I intend to convince Suzanna, Stas, possibly Anna of St.Petersburg or Alina of Khmelnitsky to serve as a warm-up & engagement team to move into a Q&A with the audience (with whom they would by then have met for at least 2 days) before we have Nichole's presentation.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 5 I understand you don't plan to give that presentation in Russian, most of the audience will not have a working command of English, whilst we do not have a budget for hiring conference interpretation equipment, nor a chance to use consecutive (youth & general group attention dynamics)  - so Timerkhan requested my help with a live voice-over interpretation. In this scenario, people will at best hear your voice in the background, except for the opening part and at the end when I let you say goodbyes uninterpreted.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 6. Your slides might need to be translated into Russian, so please send them in for me to take a look. We might want to drive message home as opposed to just let someone feel they are cool because they can read English.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 7. This will be more or less the time when the regional President will be on the grounds, so we might be interrupted at some point if/when he comes into our tent.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 8. I heard Timerkhan and the team are discussing using this session as a time to publicly award the winners of CEE Spring 2019 @ ttWP.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> regards,
>>>>>>>>>> farhad
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> P.S. It's only today that myself, then Selet leadership & now other members of Wikimedia Russia have learned that Katherine is not only not coming, but is neither connecting, nor sending a welcoming video address. It's an unpleasant surprize, but a good confirmation of the fact that Selet WikiSchool team is allowed to steer wherever with full trust, support & without much adult oversight. If possible, though, please copy me on the topic to avoid such surprises - periodic smartphone messages from the youth don't give a clear picture of what's going on, whilst Selet leadership counts on my keeping an eye after the success of the undertaking, as a Selet Alum myself, the Founder & the Member of the Board of Trustees for their WikiSchool project, and now also the member of their partner organization - Wikimedia Russia.
>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>> Farhad Fatkullin - Фархад Фаткуллин http://sikzn.ru/ Тел.+79274158066 / skype:frhdkazan / Wikipedia:frhdkazan / Wikidata:Q34036417
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 12.07.2019, 19:15, "Тимерхан Шайхутдинов" <t.shaikhutdin@gmail.com>:
>>>>>>>>>>> ---------- Forwarded message ---------
>>>>>>>>>>> От: Nichole Saad <nsaad@wikimedia.org>
>>>>>>>>>>> Date: пт, 12 июл. 2019 г. в 17:04
>>>>>>>>>>> Subject: Re: Invitation to Select Biler Forum 4-9 July 2019
>>>>>>>>>>> To: Nadee Gunasena <ngunasena@wikimedia.org>
>>>>>>>>>>> Cc: Тимерхан Шайхутдинов <t.shaikhutdin@gmail.com>, Samantha Lien <slien@wikimedia.org>, Vladimir Medeyko <medeyko@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Nadee and Timerkhan,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I don't use Skype because it crashes my computer (it's very buggy). Could we try with a Google hangouts link? I'll work on some slides and send them for review early next week.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Timerkhan, will you want to translate the slides? Will there be translation of the talk?
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> thank you!
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Nichole
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:33 PM Nadee Gunasena <ngunasena@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>> This is extremely helpful Timikhan, thank you!
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Nichole, does this work for you to join and present via Skype? Please let us know any other questions you have for Timikhan and the team.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you!
>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadee
>>>>>>>>>>>> ᐧ
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 12:09 AM Тимерхан Шайхутдинов <t.shaikhutdin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1. We offer to use Skype.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2. It is possible. She can use function of demonstration of desktop.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3. The audience is teenagers 14-17 y.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4. It would be good if also she called them to join Selet WikiSchool project and to develop wiki-movement in their schools.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> чт, 11 июля 2019 г. в 3:38, Nadee Gunasena <ngunasena@wikimedia.org>:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Vladimir and Timikhan,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm excited to share that someone from the Wikimedia Education team can join over video at the time you mentioned above. Nichole Saad, cc'd here, is a Senior Program Manager in Education who would be happy to join over video for the session.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I do have a couple of follow-up questions for you both:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> * How should Nichole plan to join this session - over Google Hangouts, or is there another way you prefer?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> * Nichole would like to share a couple of slides during her remarks, and I wanted to check and see if this would be possible?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> * Can you share more about the age group of the youth in the audience? We want to make sure that we speak at their level, so it would be great to understand if they are in teenagers or younger?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> * Nichole would like to include a Call to Action at the end of her remarks, and wanted to get your recommendations. Is there something that we want the audience to do - a local wiki-club that we'd like them to join, or anything specific we want the youth to do at the conference, etc? Any recommendations here would be great.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Let us know any detail you can share. Thank you both!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cheers,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadee
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ᐧ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 11:54 AM Nadee Gunasena <ngunasena@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Vladimir,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This is Nadee from the Communications team. Thank you so much for the response and the detail. This is extremely helpful. Let me chat with the team here and we'll get back to you soon to propose a spokesperson and confirm that we can join at the time you mentioned above. If there are any other key points or topics that you would like us to cover during this time, please let us know.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadee
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ᐧ
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Sat, Jul 6, 2019 at 7:27 AM Vladimir Medeyko <medeyko@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dear Samantha,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> please find the details you asked for:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1. This would be for events of 16-21 July: on 18th July approximately at 2 pm (UTC +3).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2. Words of welcome, some information about that what is Wikimedia movement now and about Wikimedia Education activities. We are planning that President of the Republic of Tatarstan will hear that message too.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3. 9-10 minutes.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4. The audience are youths who just start learning wiki-projects.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I also added Timikhan Shaikhutdinov to addresses of this message: he is among organizers in Kazan and may comment some details quicker.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 9:49 PM Samantha Lien <slien@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks for the update, Vladimir! I'm also looping in my colleague, Nichole from our education team, for her information.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> We'd love to learn a bit more about this year's event so we can match the right person and remarks. A couple specific questions we had:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - So I'm understanding correctly, would this be for the events taking place both 4-9 July and 16-21 of July?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - What do you think this audience would be most interested in hearing from a Wikimedia Foundation representative?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - About how long would you like them to speak for?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - About how familiar would you say this audience is with Wikipedia and education work more broadly, as well as with the Wikimedia Foundation?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks very much, Vladimir!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sam
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Samantha Lien
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Communications Manager
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> С уважением, Владимир.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Медейко Владимир Владимирович
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   тел. +7-921-940-39-79
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Executive Communications Manager
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Executive Communications Manager
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ихтирам белән / С уважением / Best regards
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Тимерхан Шәйхетдинов
>>>>>>>>>>>>> "Татарстан Республикасы Балалар оешмалары советы" төбәк иҗтимагый оешмасы Советы рәисе, Сәләт ВикиМәктәбе җитәкчесе
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Тимерхан Шайхутдинов
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Председатель Совета региональной общественной организации "Совет детских организаций Республики Татарстан", руководитель ВикиШколы Сэлэт
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Timerkhan Shaikhutdinov
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chairman of the Council of Children's organizations of the Republic of Tatarstan, Head of Selet WikiSchool
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> WhatsApp, Telegram: +7(953)493-70-66
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Email: t.shaikhutdin@gmail.com
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>>>>>>>>>>> Executive Communications Manager
>>>>>>>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> Nichole Saad
>>>>>>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation | Senior Program Manager, Education
>>>>>>>>>>> nsaad@wikimedia.org
>>>>>>>>>>> user: NSaad (WMF)
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> Ихтирам белән / С уважением / Best regards
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Тимерхан Шәйхетдинов
>>>>>>>>>>> "Татарстан Республикасы Балалар оешмалары советы" төбәк иҗтимагый оешмасы Советы рәисе, Сәләт ВикиМәктәбе җитәкчесе
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Тимерхан Шайхутдинов
>>>>>>>>>>> Председатель Совета региональной общественной организации "Совет детских организаций Республики Татарстан", руководитель ВикиШколы Сэлэт
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Timerkhan Shaikhutdinov
>>>>>>>>>>> Chairman of the Council of Children's organizations of the Republic of Tatarstan, Head of Selet WikiSchool
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> WhatsApp, Telegram: +7(953)493-70-66
>>>>>>>>>>> Email: t.shaikhutdin@gmail.com
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>>>>>>>> Executive Communications Manager
>>>>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Nichole Saad
>>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation | Senior Program Manager, Education
>>>>>>> nsaad@wikimedia.org
>>>>>>> user: NSaad (WMF)
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>>>>> Executive Communications Manager
>>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>>
>>>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>>>> Executive Communications Manager
>>>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Nadee Gunasena
>>> Executive Communications Manager
>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>
> --
>
> Nadee Gunasena
> Executive Communications Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation
> ᐧ


--
Nadee Gunasena 
Executive Communications Manager
Wikimedia Foundation