As there doesn't seem to be any meta or local wiki page for this I thought
I'd send this here. I've been testing the new PDF versions and they're
pretty cool. I have a concerns about general layout and format though:
- The article title appear at the top of all pages. this looks bad on the
first page because there's a small title at the top and a much bigger title
underneath. One of them needs to be removed from the first page.
- Alternate text for images appears instead of the caption,
*including*the "alt=" bit.
- A lot of tables don't look anyhting like they do in the article
- Because infoboxes are huge and pictures in them are right aligned they
take up a tiny bit of the bottom left corner of the infobox image field, the
rest is blank
- images such as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:North.svg
basically tiny 17px icons with arrows on them show up HUGE, taking up whole
pages and throwing hte text out of line.
- For multiple articles in the same book the next article should always
start a fresh page. Having the title at the bottom and no text then loads of
text with no title on the next page isn't great.
Overall though I like the knew feature what do you guys think?