See the wiki version here:
This is the language committee report for January 2012 (and also December 2011).
=== 2011 report ===
* MF-Warburg wrote a relevant report for the year 2011, see
=== Approvals ===
* The Wikipedia in Veps (a Uralic language spoken by about 6,000
people) has been created. <http://vep.wikipedia.org/>
* The Wiktionary in Punjabi (in Shahmukhi script) has been created.
* The Wikisource in Marathi has been created. There is a bit of
content on the OldWikisource (that still needs to be transferred).
However, the Maharashtra Government has promised to provide free
content for the Marathi Wikisource. <http://mr.wikisource.org/>
* The Wikipedia in Lezgian (a Northeast Caucasian language spoken by
about 784,000 people) is approved by the committee.
=== Requests ===
* Some discussion about the Belarusian Wikisource request. It is very
active, but the issue is that it be in both the official and
* There is a request for a Wikiquote in Oriya/Odia, however there is
concern about the language/orthography used on Oriya projects.
Please note: all replies sent to this mailing list will be immediately directed to
Foundation-L, the public mailing list about the Wikimedia Foundation and its projects. For
more information about Foundation-L:
WikimediaAnnounce-l mailing list