Do you not think that people have to be hired and fired with a sufficient
amount of lead time. Do you not expect that we are past the time when we can
come back on this. Do you not think that people have been looking for a new
house ??? My expectation is that we will move as scheduled to SF as there is
no choice in this any more.
On Nov 18, 2007 12:16 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton(a)gmail.com> wrote:
On 17/11/2007, Robert Rohde <rarohde(a)gmail.com>
Endowments and contingency funds are nice, but
right now that's all
After 26 days this drive is at $725k. Even running the drive for the
planned 2 months, nearly 80% longer than the longest previous drive, it
be a huge surprise to come anywhere close to the
$4.6M the foundation
down for their "budget".
Rather than talking about how to put money away for the future, the
immediate discussion needs to be A) how to raise money more
and/or B) how to make do with less.
A good point. The easiest way I can see to spend less in the short
term is to delay the move to SF. I haven't done the sums, so I don't
know if that would be enough, but it would help. There are a lot of
benefits to the move, but right now it would appear we simply can't
afford it unless things greatly change. The other big expenditure is
the appointment of an ED, but I'm not sure delaying that would be a
good idea - we're never going to have a stable foundation until we
sort out the governance.
foundation-l mailing list