On June 1st and 2nd, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees had our regular meeting for Quarter 4 (April – June) of the Foundation’s fiscal year. We will have more details about what transpired at the meeting once the minutes have been prepared and approved, but we wanted to quickly release this brief update on some key topics and decisions:
- We have unanimously approved the Call for Candidates for the 2021 selection process for Community-and Affiliate selected Trustees. There is a revised timeline that accommodates the implementation of single transferable vote in the SecurePoll extension, as follows:
- June 9 - 29: Call for candidates
- June 30 - July 2: Announcement of confirmed candidates
- July 7 - August 3: Candidates campaign and answer questions
- August 4 - 17: Voting
- August 18 - 24: Vote counting and processing
- August 25: Announcement of vote results
- August 25 - 31: Foundation vetting of selected candidates
- September: Board appoints selected candidatesMore information on the process will follow over the next few weeks.
On behalf of the Board,
- We have unanimously approved a committee evolution plan to maintain and improve the Board’s effectiveness, to be implemented in stages.
- We have unanimously approved the donation of $5 million in FY 2020-21 to the Wikimedia Endowment.
- We have reviewed the proposed Annual Plan for the Foundation for 2021/22, and unanimously authorised the Audit Committee to approve minor adjustments to the 2021-22 fiscal year budget in response to Board input during the June meeting. More information on the Annual Plan will follow once the Audit Committee has met.
- We also unanimously approved the minutes from the previous Board meeting, to be published on Foundation-Wiki.
Wikimedia-l mailing list -- firstname.lastname@example.org, guidelines at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
To unsubscribe send an email to email@example.com