Thank you -- good to see these updates shared to the list.
I also appreciate that the mid-year recalibration
shared as a public resolution.
On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 1:55 PM María Sefidari <msefidari(a)wikimedia.org>
On June 1st and 2nd, the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees had our
regular meeting for Quarter 4 (April – June) of the Foundation’s fiscal
year. We will have more details about what transpired at the meeting once
the minutes have been prepared and approved, but we wanted to quickly
release this brief update on some key topics and decisions:
- We have unanimously approved the Call for Candidates for the 2021
selection process for Community-and Affiliate selected Trustees. There is a
revised timeline that accommodates the implementation of single
transferable vote in the SecurePoll extension, as follows:
- June 9 - 29: Call for candidates
- June 30 - July 2: Announcement of confirmed candidates
- July 7 - August 3: Candidates campaign and answer questions
- August 4 - 17: Voting
- August 18 - 24: Vote counting and processing
- August 25: Announcement of vote results
- August 25 - 31: Foundation vetting of selected candidates
- September: Board appoints selected candidates
More information on the process will follow over the next few
- We have unanimously approved a committee evolution plan to maintain
and improve the Board’s effectiveness, to be implemented in stages.
- We have unanimously approved the donation of $5 million in FY
2020-21 to the Wikimedia Endowment.
- We have reviewed the proposed Annual Plan for the Foundation for
2021/22, and unanimously authorised the Audit Committee to approve minor
adjustments to the 2021-22 fiscal year budget in response to Board input
during the June meeting. More information on the Annual Plan will follow
once the Audit Committee has met.
- We also unanimously approved the minutes from the previous Board
meeting, to be published on Foundation-Wiki.
On behalf of the Board,
María Sefidari Huici
Chair of the Board
Wikimedia Foundation <https://wikimediafoundation.org/>
Wikimedia-l mailing list -- wikimedia-l(a)lists.wikimedia.org, guidelines
To unsubscribe send an email to wikimedia-l-leave(a)lists.wikimedia.org
Samuel Klein @metasj w:user:sj +1 617 529 4266