Forward on behalf of Kelly Battles.
Hello All -
My name is Kelly Bodnar Battles and I am honored to have joined the Wikimedia Foundation
Board of Trustees in January of this year.
Professionally, I am a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), and a material part of my near term
Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) Board responsibilities will be to chair the Audit Committee.
Currently, the voting members of the Audit Committee are myself, Alice Wiegand, María
Sefidari and Denny Vrandečić. WMF’s CFO and Treasurer Jaime Villagomez is also an
important stakeholder on this committee as well.
As you may know, we have the precedent of having non-voting members (please see role
definition below) from outside the board participate in the Audit Committee as well.
Toward that end, I would like to:
- First and foremost, thank Matt Bisanz, Michael Snow, Abhijith Jayanthi, Ben Creasy
and Florian Gerl for participating in this committee as non-voting members in the recent
- Request that if you are interested (or know of other volunteers in the community
who may be interested) in serving in this capacity for this next cycle (from selection
through June 2017), please send to me at this email address (kbattles(a)wikimedia.org
<mailto:email@example.com>) your resume, the top 3 reasons why you want to do
this and the top 3 things you will add to the Audit Committee.
- Propose the following steps and timeline for the selection process:
- Candidates submit their interest and the above information to me no later than
- The Audit Committee will interview top 4 candidates by May 10
- The Audit Committee will select the top 2 candidate by May 15
- Selected candidates join the Audit committee by June 1 and attend July Audit
- Outline the following important preferences for candidates interested in this
- 5+ years of operational finance and or accounting experience
- Solid understanding of the mission and operations of WMF
- Prior executive or board experience
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or MBA (Masters in Business Administration),
or equivalent earned
- Capacity to commit an estimated 20-30 hours annually to attend both quarterly
and other ad-hoc meetings, prepare or review required materials, and interact with
committee, staff and/or board as required.
Once again, I am thrilled to be part of this amazing organization. Thank you for the warm
welcome I have received so far.
See link for Audit Committee charter
This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki: