I thought the electoral commission would forward the results but over
24h hours after the GA closed... apparently not.
So very brief summary:
Saturday, Wikimedia France held a full day General Assembly.
The agenda was here :
Results of votes are available there :
* Emeric (chairman until end of June) resigned the day prior to the
* the remaining board (5 people) was constituted of Samuel (Chair),
Marie-Alice (Vice Chair), FloFlo (treasurer), Edouard and Florence
Raymond (not me...)
* Raymond, who was an appointed board member, was confirmed by the
* the General Assembly voted by 73% the "lack of trust" in the previous
* however, the General Assembly voted to retain the remainer of the
previous board despite the distrust, in order to allow transfer of
information and to support the new board during the audit.
* Floflo and Edouard will finish their term in 6 weeks (may resign
earlier). Samuel and Marie-Alice indicated they would resign at the
earliest convenience, only staying to help the transition and the audit
* 6 new people were elected on the board. 4 for slightly more than a
year, 2 for a duration of 6 weeks. All of those are experienced members,
including former board members and former president (I suppose
presentations will follow next week)
* the chapter mailing list is reopened
* the members whose new memberships or renewal had been rejected will be
invited to re-apply
* the prior vote passed in July to expell members will be cancelled
* the GA also voted to support the adoption of a non-discrimination
policy, for a complete revamping of the conflict of interest committee,
and for a financial audit to be done.
Next General Assembly will take place around 20th of October and will be
the opportunity to elect new board members to fill the remaining seats.
Except for the appointed board member, it is likely the board will be
entirely renewed in the next few weeks (compared to this last summer one).
Also, WMF published two documents to guide the next few months
WMFr site visit report - septembre 2017
Grant expectations for Wikimedia France - 2017-2018
I wish the best to the new board. They have a lot of work to do to
rebuild the complete mess left by the previous management. Please, help
them as much as you can.