Let me see... I need
1) someone with good knowledge of cell phones to help us figure what we
could do with wikipedia and cell phone (technical description). Able to
answer all emails on OTRS of cell-phone people proposing various
2) Someone with good graphical skills to improve the look of a CD for
kids 7-13. And make the external jacket. Speaking french will be a bonus.
3) Someone to clean up and rearrange all pages on meta related to the
Foundation. Good english skills required as well as knowledge of the
4) Someone to update various pages on the foundation website. To check
the discrepancies between the english version and the other languages
version. To contact the various editors responsiable of this version to
tell them about the discrepancies. Require : access to WMF site and good
More than happy to help with updates, but unfortunately not very
multilingual (damn US schools). Is there anything someone with good
communication skills and a fluency in English, but not other languages,
5) A baby-sitter at Wikimania for my baby. Skills :
knowledge of kids.
Plump preferred. Male, female, trans welcome. Date and location : early
august in Boston.
6) A lawyer or legal counselling to fix broken contracts received on
OTRS. Skills required : patience and availability.
are not making everyone happy. I am looking for someone to review both
and make new proposals. Additional jobs : doing stats of useage. Asking
Brion to add a system to allow easier consulting. Skills : tough skin.
More than happy to help with this, and have already run stats privately
several times on the use on en.wiki, and sent them to checkuser-l at
least once; no problem to do on the other projects, since it is a common
log and I have access as an en.wiki checker. What stats would you like?
8) OTRS assistant : job, improve the spam filter. OR,
clean up the board
Can't really help with the spam filter, but more than happy to have a
shot at the Board queue. Of course, I only know the things I've moved
into it, as I'm not allowed to access it, but assuming there are no
three-headed monsters hiding behind the "no permission" screen, I'll do
what I can.
9) Fundraising assistant : someone to help Mav to
write a resolution
allowing the creation of that committee. Then, help to make a GREAT
fundraising before summer. Skills : being creative with good
communication ability. Urgent job.
10) Business development : I need someone to help figuring out how much
are trademarks are worth. Example : if we make a dvd, how much to ask
per item. If we make a board game : how much to ask per item.
11) Also in business development. I need someone to collect the names
and addresses of all mirrors (in all languages) and to contact them one
by one to propose them a live feed; Will require to contact translators
to fix languages templates. Should get a tech description from Brion.
Skills and various : should have tech knowledge and OTRS access.
More later as soon as I had time to really think about it.
Keep the ideas coming, always willing to help.
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia