(click here to view the following announcement in Hindi
Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement
Charter Drafting Committee
The Call opens on 2 August and closes on 1 September 2021. The Committee is
expected to represent diversity in the Movement
Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This
comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia
- English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed,
translation and interpretation support is provided.
- Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is
US$100 every two months.
We are looking for people who have some of the following skills
- Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
- Are ready to find compromises.
- Focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Have knowledge of community consultations.
- Have intercultural communication experience.
- Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or
- Have experience negotiating with different parties.
The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more
candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there
are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election
If you are interested, please submit your candidacy here
Please contact strategy2030(a)wikimedia.org with questions.
Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (he/him)
Movement Strategy and Governance, Wikimedia Foundation
Show replies by date