On 10-12-04 09:51 PM, James Heilman wrote:
Jit makes a very good point wrt the best point in the
process to apply
for charity status. I agree that our next step after incorporation
should be getting a chapters agreement with Wikimedia.
MD, CCFP-EM, B.Sc.
I'm not certain, but I suspect Jit is suggesting WM-CA begin discussions
with the Chapters Committee now, as in immediately. The nine-month
figure is actually quicker than some numbers I received last spring,
although that was supposedly under the previous system. (Of course,
there's no telling how long the new system will take to process, plus we
do not know how many groups like us delayed until the new system would
be in place, etc.)
It seems likely there will be at least some weeks of delay before any
word can reasonably be expected. Would it not be in our best interests
to begin communications with the Chap Com? I am acquainted with a few
members, and believe they'd appreciate the show of good faith.