WikiConference North America has gone virtual! Join the Wikimedia community, 11-13 December 2020 online for talks, training, gatherings, and chats.
The content is focused on North America, but Wikimedians anywhere in good standing are welcome to attend for free. The conference will be free-flowing, with lightning talks, open space sessions and a virtual lounge space. Attendees must abide by a safe space policy.
How can you get involved?
- Register (for free) to attend and be informed of the latest information - http://register.wcna.wiki/
- Check out the schedule at http://wcna.wiki
- Join the Telegram chat as the "home base" for the latest information throughout the conference - https://chat.wcna.wiki
Participate in scheduled talks and discussions:
- For Friday or Saturday, sign up to give 5 minute Lightning Talks - https://program.wcna.wiki
- For Sunday, the Open Sessions are for users to propose editing meetups, discussions or other activities at - https://program.wcna.wiki
- Join the virtual lounge space to walk around and interact with participants throughout the conference. We are using Wonder.me (Chrome and Firefox preferred) for video and audio chat - https://lounge.wcna.wiki
The Friday Culture Crawl focuses on GLAM Wiki and cultural heritage. The weekend sessions are made of events hosted by partners and original content, such as an update on activity by North American Affiliates and a session on the state of the Wikimedia 2030 movement strategy process.
It's not all business - the conference is also designed for social interaction and fun. The presence of a WikiCheese meetup is rumored but unconfirmed, and bring your own beverage and munchies for social activity time. You'll be able to mingle in the various virtual small rooms for topical chats, or perform at the Sock Puppet Stage or Talk Page Theater. Hang out with friends old and new in the many zones in the virtual lounge.
For all the conference details: http://wcna.wiki