On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Delphine Ménard <notafishz(a)gmail.com> wrote:
I woudl like to dedicate this thread to the Wikimania
of your dreams.
No argument, no debate, just ideas, a giant brainstorming of what the
Wikimania of your dreams would be. Please throw your stuff in, and try
to make it only positive things (ie.write "something that's green"
rather than "something that's not blue or red".)
here is the Wikimania of my dreams:
-It would be in a city easy to reach, with a big airport and cheap
flights incoming because it's a huge hub, or it would be next door
(Frankfurt airport ;-) )
- It would be in a top-notch conference facility, with tons of plugs
everywhere, air conditionned if needed, modular conference rooms, all
in one place and close to the accommodation building (a mix of
Cambridge, Alexandria for the conference facility, Taipei and
Frankfurt for access).
- It would have a great outdoor and indoor community area, with wifi
that works all the time, with comfy couches as well as ground mats for
the yoga-types, with coffee, cookies, juices and fresh water available
at all times. (a mix of Frankfurt and Taipei)
- It would have all the accommodation in one place, close to the
conference grounds, or even actually _on_ the conference grounds, and
it would be cheap but practical, clean and modern accommodation, with
different possibilities - share a room, not share a room, share a dorm
etc. (a mix of Frankfurt and Taipei)
-It would have an amazing range of food for lunches, which would be
served in a big room where annoucements and meetings can take place (a
mix of Taipei and Cambridge).
- It would take place in a really "wow" place so that we get speakers
to *want to come* to speak (Harvard or Bibliotheca Alexandrina)
- It would be close to sightseeing stuff for social evenings as
- It would have an amazing party location and an amazing party with
dancers with rotating hat-thingies (just like Alexandria!)
- It would host up to 500 people, not more, so I can get to meet
almost all of them. :-)
- And finally, to steal Sj's idea, it would have a giant rotating
Wikipedia globe that people could get into and make roll around like a
hamster wheel, just for the fun of it.
This is really a great and helpful thread!
As many times mailing lists threads die a few days after its creation,
would be very productive for the WM 2009 organization team to have
this ideas compiled, so please add your ideas to the Wikimanía 2009
Juan David Ruiz