Summary: please note the *final deadline* of 31 October. This is a hard
deadline. If you have problems with your jury, please ask the international
team for help as soon as possible.
let me give a quick recap of what the international process looks like:
* National juries (of at least 3 jurors) start now to work, and use October
to come to a decision on the national winners. (countries might use popular
* The national juries/popular vote must select maximum 10 pictures for the
international finale. This is usually the top-10 of the national
competition, but there can be exceptions (for example, if there are special
categories). This is up to the national jury to decide.
* If the national jury wants to submit less than 10 pictures, that is
possible. They could theoretically also decide that no picture is good
enough for an international finale - in such a case, please submit that
* Please try to submit your 10 nominees as soon as possible, ideally before
25 October. Definitely submit them *BEFORE 31 OCTOBER*, this is a hard,
* You can submit the 10 nominees by letting one of the jury members or the
main organizer send an email with the 10 URL's to lodewijk [at]
wikimedia.nland monica.joana11 [at]
- please make sure the main contact person in your team is always
in cc, so that we know the email is genuine.
* It is possible to submit your nominees confidentially. We will not
publicly announce the nominees (except for the international jury report of
course - expected begin of December), we expect the national team to do
that. Please link your official announcement on
On this page we will also create a gallery page with the winning pictures.
* If you already know when you will send the nominees, please add the date
on the overview too. Please also add that on
If you have any problems with setting up a jury process, please contact the
international team (me for example) as soon as possible! We have a few
people in backup that have offered their help to assist as jury member in
another country. There is no shame in asking for this kind of help - it
would be a shame though if something goes wrong! Please note that to avoid
conflicts of interest etc. we ask all countries to make sure that the jury
consists of /at least/ three members.
Looking forward to lots of amazing pictures,
member of the international team
WLM-Announce mailing list