In my experience it is more complex, sometimes people will only add a picture to the article in their native language or languages. It would be nice if as a spin off of this project we could have lists of Articles without images but for which we now have images, ideally one list per language version of Wikipedia.


On 31 October 2012 21:13, Yaroslav M. Blanter <> wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:06:57 +0000, WereSpielChequers wrote:
Also is it possible to create lists of wikipedia articles without
images that are about monuments that now have images on Commons?

In a few weeks Im running another workshop for donors who are willing

to give some time to Wikipedia, and the more straightforward I can
make image adding the more successful the event will be, Ive already

got a list of articles in the UK that we probably have images for, but
a list of monuments that we definitely have images for would be


This I guess can be done pretty easily since all participating countries (except for Russia) have lists of monuments, and the progress of adding them to the list is monitored on Commons,

We can safely assume that in 99% of the cases if the picture is on the list and a separate dedicated article exists then the picture is also in the article. The remaining 1% are the articles which for whatever reason are not linked from the lists.

How many articles we have can be determined by the number of links from the lists, but this probably can not be done without a bot.