it looks like this email may not have made it through for some reason, so
I would highly encourage you to think a bit about who in your respective
networks would be a good juror for the international jury. We will again
try for diversity, but for that to be successful, Ndahiro needs a lot of
It would be great if every national organizer could try to share at least
one candidate with him, and then we can select a balanced set from that.
Thanks so much!
If you are trying to think about what makes a good juror, please see the
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ndahiro Derrick Alter <ndahiroderric(a)gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 12:23 PM
Subject: Fwd: Call for suggestions jurors
To: Effe Iets Anders <effeietsanders(a)gmail.com>
Like every year, We need to put together a good jury for Wiki Loves
Monuments 2021. It is a complicated and delicate process to come to a
balanced jury, and I would like to outline the criteria here and ask for
your input. I have agreed to take the lead on this process - but would
definitely welcome your input, and help.
- As in the past years, I think it is important to aim once again for a
jury that as a whole is neutral and balanced in many ways. This means
- A mix of photography experts, heritage experts, and Wikimedia experts
(aiming at a total size of 7-9)
- Geographically balanced so that no two jury members come from the same
- Balance in many other ways imaginable (while at the same time, one can
never assure a balance in all aspects)
The international jury members do not serve on a national jury for WLM,
At the same time, there are some practical considerations:
- Jury members must be able to write and read English.
- They must have the time to commit to judge 200-500 photos in three
rounds over a period of 3 weeks in November, while jury members can
participate in a local competition, their photos cannot participate in the
- Jury members should not participate in any national jury for 2021
(previous years is OK)
- It would be helpful if the juror would be willing to share their real
name for the jury report.
- Jury work is in a volunteer capacity.
Do you know someone who would make a good juror, please contact me
privately with a suggestion? At least let me know who the juror is, how I
could contact him/her and why they would make a good jury member (and
whether you have reason to believe they would accept the nomination if
I will do my best to put together once again a qualified and diverse jury,
with your help!
Thank you in advance!
*International jury coordinator*, Wiki Loves Monuments 2021