Pierre-Selim schreef op 29-8-2015 om 13:27:
Thank you Jean-Fred and Maarten \o/Thanks Pierre-Selim and other. Seems to be becoming a bit of a tradition to have a sprint last week of August to get stuff fixed again. I'm quite happy Jean-Fred picked up the role of maintainer.
The current status is:
* Update database runs, but some sources (countries) need to be updated and fixed (https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Monuments_database/Statistics&action=history)
* Categorization bot seems to work again. I see a lot of files being categorized a couple of days ago (https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons:Monuments_database/Categorization/Statistics&action=history)
* Unused images bot is still broken, but I found the source of the problem and looks easy to fix (https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T110829)
I was fixing stuff but toollabs just died. I hope it will be back online later this afternoon so I can get some of the bugs fixed.
Every year the categorization bot gets overloaded. Right now it has about 30.000 images it can't categorize. That means that every day it runs it goes through the same 30.000 images and can't to anything. That's quite a waste of resources and time. If you look at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Monuments_database/Categorization/Statistics you'll see the top "offenders":
* About 17.000 images in https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Cultural_heritage_monuments_in_Italy
* About 3.700 images in https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Cultural_heritage_monuments_in_Jordan
* About 2.000 images in https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Cultural_heritage_monuments_in_China
I know quite a few people from Italy are on this list. Italian folks, could you please spend some time on emptying out this category? With the current backlog me or Jean-Fred are probably just going to disable the bot for Italy because it slows down everything. Italy is also high on https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Monuments_database/Unused_images/Statistics so I wonder if everything is set up correctly for Italy. Looks like a bit of a mess to me. Why do we even have https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:WLM2013-riga ?
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list