Greetings from the WLM international team. :) We're excited to work with all of you this year to bring more of the world heritage to our projects. You will hear from us more in the coming weeks about specific action items we'd like to work with you on, but in the mean time, we'd like to share with you a list of items that you should be aware of:
* While we share specific timelines soon, it's worth to point out that the contest will take place in the month of September.
* Check out Who's who
and familiarize yourself with the international team. We expect a couple of more additions to this list in the coming week or so, but other than that, the list is stable at this point. :)
* All tasks related to WLM 2016 that the international team should work on will be tracked in Phabricator, under the Wiki-Loves-Monuments (2016) milestone
. If you have a task that needs our attention, please tag it with Wiki-Loves-Monuments (2016).
* We are excited that so far three new and many old-timer countries have signed up to participate. If your country's name is not on the list of definitely participating countries
, we want to see that changed if possible. So, please reach out to me off-list and we will do what we can to help you participate, especially if you reach out to us soon.
* We are looking for at least one individual who can help us with communications (on the blog post and beyond) before, during, and after the WLM contest. If you are up for helping us, please ping me.
* We are also looking for an Arabic speaker who can help us with our communications. If this sounds remotely interesting to you, please ping. me and we can figure out the time commitment. :)
If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ping me.
Leila, on behalf of the WLM international team