On 02.05.2016 20:26, Jan Macura wrote:
Thanks for reply.
2016-05-02 7:19 GMT+02:00 Markus Kroetzsch
To be honest, I had not expected this to be of much importance for
many users at the time, but if there is interest in us updating our
dumps to the new format, we can certainly do this in the next couple
Well, the point is, I was using the thirt party SPARQL enpoints of
Universidad de Chile (, dead now) and Openlink (), where the
queries with this ontology worked fine, and now when I discovered, that
WMF already launched its own endpoint, the queries don't work.. Little
confused, so I am asking..
The other thing is, my primary sources were available scientific
articles, namely . Now it seems that *a lot* has changed since.
Yes, we should publish an updated journal version of that paper to
ensure that written records are up-to-date again (research and
application each have their own pace that is hard to synchronise).
It is not that much work to update queries to the new format, but I can
see that it takes a while to look for IDs to replace the old ones. Maybe
the easiest way is to look at the example queries provided in the
UI. The use of the new ontology URIs is really almost
the same as for the old ones.
The Chilean endpoint was provided as an early testbed before the
official service was life. We have stopped running it, for obvious
reasons. A big advantage of the official Wikimedia endpoint is that it
is updated with live data in near real-time (subject to availability
;-). It is also fairly reliable, since there are normally two servers
Faculty of Computer Science
Technische Universität Dresden
+49 351 463 38486