ESWC2017 – 2nd CALL FOR PAPERS
conference: 28 May to 1 June 2017 in Portorož, Slovenia
submission: 7 December (abstract) and 14 December 2016 (paper)
ESWC is a major venue for discussing scientific results and innovations around semantic
technologies. ESWC 2017 welcomes original research and application papers dealing with all
aspects of semantics on the Web. We encourage theoretical, methodological, empirical, and
applications papers. Papers should describe original work, present significant results,
and provide rigorous, principled, and repeatable evaluation.
1) ESWC2017 PHD SYMPOSIUM (details: http://2017.eswc-conferences.org/call-phd
Early-stage or late-stage PhD students in all areas of the Semantic Web can submit a paper
describing their PhD research. Submissions need to follow the template on the website.
2) ESWC2017 SPECIAL TRACKS (details: http://2017.eswc-conferences.org/call-papers/
The 2017 edition introduces two new tracks:
– Semantic Web and Transparency
Managing multilingual data requires semantic normalization and reconciliation to make the
Semantic Web reach people around the world. Transparency concerns relationships between
people and both commercial and authoritative entities, using semantic technologies with
objectives varying from enabling trust to ensuring accountability.
3) ESWC2017 IN USE AND INDUSTRIAL TRACK (details:
This track demonstrates the impact of Semantic Web Technologies in concrete applications
and in industry.
4) ESWC2017 RESEARCH TRACKS (details: http://2017.eswc-conferences.org/call-papers/
The 9 research tracks cover major current Semantic Web subdomains:
– Vocabularies, Schemas, Ontologies
– Linked Data
– Social Web and Web Science
– Semantic Data Management, Big data, Scalability
– Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval
– Machine Learning
– Mobile Web, Sensors and Semantic Streams
– Services, APIs, Processes and Cloud Computing
– abstract: 7 December 2016 (required, except PhD symposium)
– paper: 14 December 2016
– notification: 20 February 2017 (20 January for PhD symposium)
– full details: http://2017.eswc-conferences.org/call-papers
– template: LNCS
– limit: 15 pages (5–10 pages for PhD symposium)
– format: PDF, or zipped HTML (RASH, dokieli, …)
– submission: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=eswc2017
– We encourage links to datasets and other evaluation material, as well as to live demos
and source code.
– Springer will publish the proceedings in its Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.
ESWC is one of the key academic conferences to present research results and new
developments in the area of the Semantic Web. This endeavour naturally draws from and
impacts on many disciplines of computing (and connected areas), related to data and
information management, knowledge engineering, machine intelligence, human knowledge and
languages, software services and applications. We are therefore seeking contribution to
research at the intersection of the Semantic Web and these areas, as described in the 9
core research tracks of the conferences, as well as demonstration of the impact of
Semantic Web Technologies in concrete applications and in industry, through the “In Use
and Industrial” Track.
GENERAL CHAIR: Eva Blomqvist, Linköping University, Sweden – eva.blomqvist(a)liu.se
PROGRAM CHAIRS: Diana Maynard, University of Sheffield, UK – d.maynard(a)sheffield.ac.uk
and Aldo Gangemi, Paris Nord University, France – gangemi(a)lipn.univ-paris13.fr
ESWC will not accept research papers that, at the time of submission, are under review for
or have already been published in or accepted for publication in a journal or another