We’re preparing for the March 2016 research newsletter and looking for contributors.
Please take a look at: https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN201603
and add your name next
to any paper you are interested in covering. Our target publication date is Wednesday
March 30 UTC although actual publication might happen several days later. As usual, short
notes and one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.
Highlights from this month:
• Advances in Information Retrieval
• Candidate Searching and Key Coreference Resolution for Wikification
• Developing an annotator for Latin texts using Wikipedia
• "Did i say something wrong?" A word-level analysis of Wikipedia articles for
• Gender Biases in Cyberspace: A Two-Stage Model, the New Arena of Wikipedia and Other
• Improving Information Literacy Skills through Learning To Use and Edit Wikipedia: A
• Motivational determinants of participation trajectories in Wikipedia
• Open Content, Linus’ Law, and Neutral Point of View
• Teaching with Wikipedia in a 21st-century classroom: Perceptions of Wikipedia and its
• Wikidata as a semantic framework for the Gene Wiki initiative
• Wikipedia in the anti-SOPA protests as a case study of direct, deliberative democracy in
• *CSCW 2016 Conference proceedings
• *Wiki Workshop 2016 proceedings
If you have any question about the format or process feel free to get in touch off-list.
Masssly, Tilman Bayer and Dario Taraborelli