(to correct a mistake in my previous mail, we’re actually preparing for the September
issue of the newsletter).
Please take a look at https://etherpad.wikimedia.org/p/WRN201809
and add your name next to
any paper you are interested in covering. Our target publication date is September 30 but
text should be in by September 28.
On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Mohammed Sadat Abdulai <masssly(a)ymail.com> wrote:
We’re preparing for the August 2018 research newsletter and looking for contributors.
Please take a look at https://etherpad.wikimedia
. org/p/WRN201808 and add your name next
to any paper you are interested in covering. Our target publication date is on September
28 UTC although actual publication might happen several days later. As usual, short notes
and one-paragraph reviews are most welcome.
Highlights from this month:
- "Sharing Small Pieces of the World": Increasing and Broadening
Participation in Wikimedia Commons
- A Wikia Census: Motives, Tools and and Insights
- Characterizing the Triggering Phenomenon in Wikipedia
- Comparative Analysis of the Informativeness and Encyclopedic Style of the Popular Web
- Do less active participants make active participants more active? An examination of
- Do We All Talk Before We Type?: Understanding Collaboration in Wikipedia Language
- Evaluating Wikipedia as a Source of Information for Disease Understanding
- Neural Article Pair Modeling for Wikipedia Sub-article Matching
- The Battle for Wikipedia: The New Age of ‘Lost Victories’?
- The impact of news exposure on collective attention in the United States during the
2016 Zika epidemic
- University Students in the Educational Field and Wikipedia Vandalism
- What is the Commons Worth? Estimating the Value of Wikimedia Imagery by Observing
Masssly, Tilman Bayer and Dario Taraborelli