Has there been research done on what "sells" people into getting started on Wikipedia in the first place, particularly for editors who to on to make >5 edits?
1. It's fun
2. I'm part of a class that has Wikipedia editing as an option or requirement
3. I edit to fulfill required community service hours
4. I'm an advocate for a cause
5. I'm a member of <culture/language/religion/geography> and I want to share it with the world
6. I'm interested in subject <x> and I like to publish information about it.
6. I want to talk with other people who are interested in <x>
7. I want to be part of a social network
8. I'm paid to edit on behalf of an individual or organization