(Apologies for cross-postings)
CALL FOR PAPERS - Wikipedia Academy 2012: Research and Free Knowledge.
June 29 - July 1, 2012 | Berlin, Germany
Conference Website: http://wikipedia-academy.de/2012/wiki/Main_Page
Submit your papers here: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wpac2012
The “Wikipedia Academy 2012: Research and Free Knowledge” provides a
platform for the research community and the Wikipedia community to
connect, present, discuss and advance research on Wikipedia in
particular and on free knowledge in general.
The Wikipedia Academy 2012 is organized by Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
in collaboration with the Alexander von Humboldt Institute for
Internet and Society and Freie Universität Berlin. The conference will
take place in Berlin, June 29 to July 1, 2012. The event will be open
to all interested parties and features a variety of session formats,
ranging from panel discussions and tracks with traditional paper
presentations to break-out sessions, lightning talks, poster
presentations and a science fair. We particularly invite young
doctoral and postdoctoral researcher to participate and to submit
For research paper and poster sessions, we encourage the submission of
extended abstracts addressing issues in the overall nexus of Wikipedia
and free knowledge.
== Dates ==
* Submission of extended abstracts: March 31, 2012
* Notification of acceptance: May 01, 2012
* Submission of full papers: June 1, 2012
* Event: June 29 - July 1, 2012
== Topics of interest ==
Submissions are invited for the following categories, further details
will be available soon on the conference website:
=== Wikipedia Analytics ===
* Wikis and Wikipedia as a research tool
* Analyzing Wikipedia as a source of "Big Data"
* Assessing and measuring the quality of Wikipedia articles
=== Wikipedia Global ===
* Relations and Differences between national Wikipedias
* Differences between and critique of free/open knowledge ideologies
* Regional studies of Wikipedia and free knowledge with global lessons
=== Sharing Cultures and Practices ===
* Sharing culture(s) in Wikipedia and other projects of commons-based
* Incentives, innovation and community dynamics in open collaborative
* Wiki theory and wiki practices
=== Research on Users of and Contributors to Wikipedia ===
* Diversity among users of and contributors to Wikipedia
* Influencing participation by adapting user interfaces in open
* Using information visualization as information instrument to users
=== Economic and Regulatory Aspects of Free Knowledge ===
* Economic, regulatory and societal implications of (increased) access
to free knowledge
* Different Modes of Governance: Emergence of Order and Coordination
* The role of licensing decisions for Wikipedia and other
collaborative forms of knowledge production
== Submission Guidelines ==
Extended Abstracts must be submitted by the given deadline for peer
review. Conference language is English, exceptions can be made on a
case-by-case basis. Submission entails a commitment that at least one
author will attend the event in the case of acceptance and deliver a
full paper version prior to the event. Also, authors grant the
organizers the right to publish accepted papers in the form of online
proceedings or a similar format, to be determined at a later stage. In
addition, accepted submissions will be automatically licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license, unless the authors
explicitly state in their submission that they wish to opt out of this
licensing agreement. We encourage authors to use said license in order
to promote open access to scholarly work, although decisions to opt
out will be respected and will not influence the review process in any
way. In any case, authors of accepted submissions cannot opt out from
the basic condition that they grant the organizers the right to
publish at least the extended abstract online.
Please submit your extended abstract (about 2-3 pages) in PDF, Open
Document Format (ODF) or plain text format at:
Note: You will need an easychair account to submit. You can create one
on the spot if you don't already have one.
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
Eisenacher Straße 2
Tel.: +49 30 219158260
Helfen Sie mit, dass WIKIPEDIA von der UNESCO als erstes digitales
Weltkulturerbe anerkannt wird.
Unterzeichnen Sie die Online-Petition!
****Unterstützen Sie Freies Wissen mit einer SMS. Senden Sie einfach
WIKI an 81190. Mit 5 Euro sichern Sie so die Verfügbarkeit und
Weiterentwicklung von Wikipedia.****
Wikimedia Deutschland - Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.
Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts Berlin-Charlottenburg
unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das
Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/681/51985.