Today WMFs bug wrangler Andre Klapper visited our office and gave a Q&A session about Bugzilla. Together with Daniel Kinzler, we discussed the question if it's possible to migrate your tickets from Jira to Bugzilla. (For all tools, that would be about 1100 open tickets at the moment, open, reopened, in progress.)
The last status of the discussion (according to ):
* Tool maintainers can request their own bugzilla "component".
* There doesn't seem to be a tool to migrate, so someone would have to write and test it.
* Does it make sense to migrate tickets related to the toolserver environment, not to the tool itself? (Tim: Yes, because of the historical value)
Andre gave me these hints for an investigation:
(Don't laugh, maybe you know all this already.)
* Jira has a REST API, Bugzilla doesn't.
* Bugzilla has a json rpc (example: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/jsonrpc.cgi?method=Bugzilla.extensions
* It's not likely that all fields can be transferred, it might be a good idea to concentrate on the tool name and the status.
* To import tickets, Andre would take a list of all users that want their tickets in Bugzilla but don't have an account. He could then create the list of account IDs that the tickets are associated with.
Existing similar things the could help to find out more are below.
Now, I would like to know if there is anyone among you who would like to investigate this further or has experience reports to pass along.