Hello mobile Wikimedians,
A new version of the Wikipedia app for iOS was released to the App Store
this morning, alongside Apple's iOS 10 update. This version includes a
number of iOS 10 compatibility features and improvements. We strongly
recommend that users who have updated their OS also update to this version.
This version includes:
- Today widgets for iOS 10. To add the Wikipedia widgets, go to the
Today screen by swiping right on your lock screen. Then scroll down, tap
Edit and then tap the green pluses next to our icons. We've added two
- Continue Reading - Readers can now pick up exactly where they stopped
reading an article.
- Top Read - You can now see the top-read articles in your primary
- Spotlight continuation: type a search in Spotlight, then see the
results in the app.
- Fix for Wikipedia Zero to help ensure users know when they are on a
- Fix an issue where the previously open article could be lost between
- Other small bug and crash fixes.
PM, Wikipedia app for iOS