This is a much better beta on Android 2.2.2
The only remaining problem I could find
* Search snaps away from top on various overviews e.g. go to nearby
view and click back button in top left hand corner. Scrolling snaps
the search bar back to its appropriate place.
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM, Yuvi Panda <yuvipanda(a)gmail.com> wrote:
The key to getting good user reviews is to get trounced by beta
testers' feedback :) So please help us push out a solid release by
helping with testing! The last beta gave us some valuable feedback
that we've incorporated into the current release.
## What to test?
In addition to what was mentioned in the last beta
1. Error handling for network issues. Searching or accessing pages
with no network should put up an explanatory message.
2. RTL languages should be handled much better. Try mixing a LTR phone
language and a RTL content language to see if it is handled properly.
3. Issues with dismissing Reference display have been fixed. Tapping
outside of the display should properly hide it.
4. Scrolling issues with iOS 4.x should be 'fixed' - should no longer
be super-jittery. Try super-long articles, and expand multiple
5. Main page shows mobile formatted content. Try it for different languages.
It would also be awesome to get people to test out saved pages across
different network conditions. They've traditionally been our most
brittle area, so testing on that would be much appreciated
## How to test?
1. Download http://dumps.wikimedia.org/android/Wikipedia-v1.2-beta2.apk
into your Android device
2. Open it in your device to install it!
If you have not already given us your device's UDID, you need to do
so. Follow the instructions at
to get started!
If you have already given us your Device's UDID (yay!) it is much simpler:
1. Download http://dumps.wikimedia.org/iOS/Wikipedia-v3.2-beta2.ipa
2. Connect your iOS device to the computer
3. Open iTunes
4. Drag the IPA to the 'Apps' section of your device
## How to provide feedback?
You can provide us feedback in multiple ways:
1. Email us at mobile-feedback-l at lists.wikimedia.org
2. Add it to the wiki page:
3. Find us on IRC - #wikimedia-mobile on freenode
Note: This build will shortly go out to Android market (Google Play)
as a new app (Wikipedia Beta), that will co-exist with the current
Wikipedia app. This lets us reach a much bigger audience for testing
purposes, and makes it much easier for them to test as well!
Yuvi Panda T
Mobile-l mailing list