Thanks for the update. I would like to make a suggestion. When there are
updates to the Wikipedia mobile apps for Android or iOS, would you consider
cross-posting the announcements to the Wikipedia-l mailing list
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikipedia-l>? I think that
cross-posting occasional announcements to Wikitech-l and/or Wikimedia-l
would be okay too, but I especially suggest Wikipeda-l. Announcements for
updates to the Commons mobile app are already sent occasionally to the
Commons mailing list, and my suggestion here is to adopt a similar practice
for the Wikipedia mobile apps.
On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 8:48 PM Joshua Minor <jminor(a)wikimedia.org> wrote:
Hello mobile Wikimedians,
The Wikimedia iOS app team is excited to announce our next major update is
now available on the app store:
v6.3 is chock-a-block with fixes and features, including:
- Been having trouble syncing reading lists or downloading reading
lists to new devices? We fixed a ton of sync problems!
- Easy support for adding media from Wikimedia Commons in editing
mode. Press the media button and easily an images to add with a tap.
- Easy wiki link insertion and updating tool.
- Fix issues with currently reading article not reopening after app
background. Now when you return to the article it will still be there!
- Join the conversation with support for User talk built in. Go to
Settings and log in to see your user talk in a mobile friendly
- A fresh new sticker pack from the Foundation's Communications team
Thanks as always to our volunteer translators, coders and testers. If
you'd like to sign up to help beta test future versions, you can now sign
up directly here:
PM, Wikipedia for iOS
Mobile-l mailing list