In light of the Phabricator migration, a few people in the Mobile Web and
Mobile Apps teams met to discuss how we're going to handle this.
In a meeting with Quim a few weeks ago, Mobile Web and Mobile Apps decided
that the long term plan was to switch to Phabricator, but for now we're
going to stick with Trello because Phabricator is missing a few bits of
functionality that we really like. We communicated these so the team
upstream is aware.
For now, people will be filing issues with our products in Phabricator. So
how do we get those into Trello? We may make Phabello, a tool to
automatically import things using the Trello and Phabricator APIs, but
that's not on the cards right at this moment.
Here were our outcomes of how we're going to interact with Phabricator:
- All engineering team members should make sure they're receiving
information about bug escalations. Do this by clicking "Watch project" on
the relevant projects on Phabricator:
- Joaquin, Kaldari, Baha, Rob, Jon, Max, Sam, Maryana: MobileFrontend
- Adam, Monte, Brion, Dan: iOS app
- Dmitry, Bernd, Dan: Android app
- Kristen will volunteer to serve as Phabello for now. Say hi to KPhab!
The process will be:
- Look at all new bugs entered since last standu
- Enter those as cards in Trello:
- Create card with same title as bug in Phabricator
- Add link to Phabricator in the card description
- Add link to Trello in the Phabricator bug, saying that the issue
is tracked in Trello
- Mark bug as "Normal" priority
All hail KPhab!
Associate Product Manager, Mobile Apps
Show replies by date
Dan Garry, 26/11/2014 21:07:
# Kristen will volunteer to serve as Phabello for now.
Say hi to KPhab!
Thanks Kristen! But it's quite a waste to invest resources on new
processes for soon-disbanded aims (Trello). Let's hope it lasts as
little as possible.