Hello mobile wikimedians,
This is our first release focused on major improvements to the editing features of the app. In this version we focused on the core wikitext editing experience. We added:
- Syntax highlighting (based on CodeMirror 5) with for our accessible color themes -- edit in dark mode!
- Wikitext toolbars for inserting markup and formatting
- Line numbers and majorly improved spacing and wrapping (see templates and their variables easily!)
- Find-in-page within the wikitext
- Undo and redo
- After publishing a section, you're returned to that section in the reading view
- Look and feel of editing and publishing updated to match the rest of the app
This version makes some other improvements, and also sunsets our support for Wikipedia Zero, but we're most excited about these new editing tools. Let us know what you think! We've got a lot more good stuff coming for editors, and your feedback will make whats next even better. If you'd like
to sign up to help beta test future versions, you can now sign up
As always, thanks to our patch submitters, testers, and translators for their contributions.
Product Manager, Wikipedia for iOS