This is from a while back, but I finally got around to watching it. I think
it is a really good questioning of our assumptions around testing (and of
course it is a controversial talk - it is DHH)
To me, the TL;DR was:
- The main goal of writing code should be creating maintainable code with
- While unit testing is good, it is not a panacea for planning good
architecture or system testing.
- Good unit testing coverage will not spontaneously birth good architecture
and at times it can even work against code clarity.
- System testing is a better representation of how our code works
- Unit testing should support our goals, and not become a goal in and of it
I highly encourage everyone to carve out some time to watch.
Mobile Apps / iOS