My company, Vistaprint, has been investing seriously in its internal MediaWiki systems for
five years. I have a job opening on my team for a Senior Software Engineer with extensive
LAMP and MediaWiki experience. This is a full-time position (no contractors, sorry)
located in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. If you're interested, read on!
Our team specializes in software development, advanced template development, article
management, and more. Our very active, internal wikis have over 100,000 articles, 2000+
users in a dozen worldwide offices, and multiple languages.
You'll work on practical problems in a business environment, which can be quite
different from Internet wikis: not only creating new features, but also integrating with
third-party systems and tools, automating manual processes, and measuring the results of
your solutions. Our senior engineers also manage projects from start to finish and work
with diverse teams throughout the company. (And we have other interesting responsibilities
outside of MediaWiki.)
The ideal candidate has:
- Solid experience developing extensions/plugins for MediaWiki, WordPress, or a comparable
- Excellent SQL database development skills
- Expertise as a Linux user, and some Linux admin experience (e.g., Apache and MySQL
- Project management experience, from initial idea to business requirements, functional
spec, implementation, rollout, and post-mortem.
- Outstanding "people skills" and communication, both written and oral
Also, if you have any experience with technical writing or training, that is a plus.
I am the hiring manager for this position, so if you're interested, email your resume
(and any questions) directly to me at dbarrett(a)vistaprint.com. Thanks.
(Author of the book "MediaWiki" from O'Reilly Media)
(And a happy Vistaprint employee for 9 years)
Show replies by date