"Fantastic MediaWikis and How to Maintain Them" is a one-day conference track
designed for people who work with the open source software MediaWiki in their
organisation, company or business . The conference track is curated by the MediaWiki
Stakeholders Group and hosted by Wikimedia Austria.
The track is part of Wikimedia's biggest annual tech-event, the Wikimedia Hackathon
: For three days each year, about 200 developers come together to improve MediaWiki.
Among the participants are coders from the Wikimedia Foundation as well as volunteers from
all over the world.
We're using this opportunity to connect the people who work with MediaWiki in their
enterprise, company, or organisation to the people who actually develop the code. We
invite all MediaWiki stakeholders - power-users, maintainers, and service providers, who
have a professional or semi-professional interest in the software - to join us for a day
full of MediaWiki knowledge and networking!
This is a call for participation. We are specifically looking for contributions of your
experience in running MediaWikis. These include but are not confined to:
* Use Cases. Tell us how and why you use MediaWiki in a specific area or to solve a
* Best Practices. Talk about the most effective way you have found to use particular
* Enhancements. Have you improved MediaWiki to fit your needs? Show us your solution.
* Challenges. How can we all add to MediaWiki functionality? Do you have specific ideas
you want to collaborate on?
Share your experience and submit a presentation here:
* 20th March 2017: Call for Participation opens
* 5th April 2017: Submission deadline
* 10th April 2017: Notification of acceptance
* 19th - 21st May 2017: Vienna Hackathon
We are looking forward to your submissions!
MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group